How to dry plexi glass
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grant_w
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was one of the first people into the rink after the skating session and the glass was already coated in condensation, so it can't have anything to do with the number of people, or a fan switching dehumidifiers off. I can see how this could account for 'fog' but not the glass being opaque.

Not saying its anyone's fault, just annoying it hasn't been like it all summer and the moment the Dynamos start playing it spoils some of the game
ddcdj
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the fog and plexi glass being misted (something like that) are not always linked, the plexi could have been like it all day, yes maybe the rink could get some of the guys who clean cars at the sava to clean the glass at the start, however do they need to go around checking in case somebody turns off, a vital piece of equipment every five minutes ??

We need to work with the rink to solve the problems , not just blame them, as without them its roller hockey.

As for opening the door , you can't lock them , 90% of buildings now are non smoking and the rink is hired completly so its not really the rinks job to man the fire doors, and it does not really make that much difference.

all in all I think this topic has been done to death , lets talk some hockey , and watch some next weekend.
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all in all I think this topic has been done to death , lets talk some hockey , and watch some next weekend.[/quote]

Sorry but it hasn't been resolved. Starburst are pointing the finger at the fans and the fans pointing them back.
To be fair, the plexiglass and the arena were fine last night and it was just as warm - and at least one of the fire exit doors was open.

Just to say the fans did it and leave it at that doesn't wash. The icebowl management have a responsibility to the people that pay to go in. Even if that is to ask the stewards to 'police' the fire exits and to make the switch that turns off the expensive de-humidifying equipment less accessible to the general public.
Maybe a few fairly inexpensive signs on the doors stating the problem may help? Maybe a small printed strip of paper, given to everyone that goes in that asks everyone not to open the doors becuase etc etc.
Starburst have a responsibility to inform. If people ignore that then it is a different matter.
grant_w
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty silly to touch any machinery in the rink though, people have got to have some common sense
Dave T
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grant_w wrote:
pretty silly to touch any machinery in the rink though, people have got to have some common sense

I presonally would like to thank Patric for coming on the board and posting it's good to have some communication with the owners.

I agree with Grant that it's pretty poor if a member of the public decides to start tampering with rink equipment, that really does not help. We need to work with the rink, not against them and actions like this really do not help.

This is really a seasonal issue so let's not blow it out of proportion
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, absolutely right. Silly, irresponsible and potentially dangerous as the person that switched it off wouldn't know the outcome of the action taken.
And yes, good that someone from Starburst has come on and said their piece. And Yes again, very seasonal and only impacting during a small part of the season.
But all of that doesn't allow Starburst to forego their responsibility.

I must admit that I have had enough of this now, hopefully Sunday will be ok and that will be that.
Dave T
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed I think we are done on this one so I will be closing the thread tomorrow.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: