ENIHL 2006-2007

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: ENIHL 2006-2007 Reply with quote

Well I'll get the ball rolling...

What do people think of how the league looking this year?

Two new teams
Jessie Hammil the new coach at Peterborough
Lee Valley bringing in a foreign coach
Haringey having a new coaching set-up
MK Thunder allegedly about to make some big singings
Oxford losing players to Swindon, but have a new coach

Discuss!
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammil is a great signing and will spice up the league.
If MKT get their imports signed then they will be challenging and well.
Swindon seem to have a good nucleus and Cardiff are always strong.

What about us though. Just the one import and no Andy Smith, will we be at the top come March?
Lee
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesse Hammil being coach for Peterborough could be a good thing for them as they were quite competitive last year and only just lost out on a playoff spot. Jesse has EPL and BNL experiance to bring to The Islanders and as long as they don't start to play like he does sometimes and turn into another Bracknell then they could sneak into the playoffs.
I can't see Oxford doing much again this year as they have a few too many U19's and have lost players to Swindon who look like they themselves could be very useful with their signings so far.
Romford could put up a sneaky challenge along with Cardiff who although may not be as strong as last year will still be our toughest test. Streatham will be tricky at The High Rd like usual but will get smashed at The Ice Bowl as they only travel with half a team and then moan and whinge about it for weeks after about how we are too good for the league and etc etc...
MK will be dark horses this year if rumours are true about their imports as they had a good team last year.
I believe we will sign a new import before the start of the season. I feel we need a new D Man to replace Andy Martin and we have replaced Lowey with Leone but need a replacement for Pizzle.
No official news regarding Andy Smith is good news in my opinion. The other teams fans can spread as many rumours as they like , Hoping and wishing he doesn't Re Sign but i'm 99% confident he'll be in a Mo's shirt this year.
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the other teams are raising the bar... lots of talk about teams beefing up but no real shock signings yet. Romford and Swindon have thrown their hats in the ring and I expect them to be tough, expect to see Streatham and Cardiff continue to be strong. My tips for best competition would be Peterborough - drew last year and I think this year they will have added confidence of knowing Jesse is standing behind them... Interesting games ahead.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: