Mustangs vs Bristol Pitbulls, 21/03/10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Mustangs vs Bristol Pitbulls, 21/03/10 Reply with quote

Big game on Sunday. There are still four teams with a chance of winning the league, including the Mustangs and Bristol.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/malcolm.preen/English_National_Ice_Hockey_League.html

Should be a good one.

Will they bring Korffy?
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night's results:

Bristol 7 - 0 S&G
Swindon 20 - 0 Streatham Bruins.

Link to results and tables:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/malcolm.preen/English_National_Ice_Hockey_League.html
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Mustangs 2 - 8 Bristol.

That was one of the worst Mustangs performances I've seen this season, but credit to Bristol for playing good hockey and using their short bench effectively. They deserved the win.

Bristol also brought more fans than many Div 1 teams have brought to Dynamos games, and they made a lot of noise so credit to them as well.

It's a pity they've only got one song though Laughing
Clarky
Old Timer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We started really with a quick goal physical pressence, then went downhill from there, what baffeld many of us is the fact that with what 10 minutes to go i think..we kept on using the same 2 lines,there was few players that wasnt used, surely with the score at 8-2 at this time its worth giving these lads the chance.. other than that bristol done well,
DLF
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarky wrote:
We started really with a quick goal physical pressence, then went downhill from there, what baffeld many of us is the fact that with what 10 minutes to go i think..we kept on using the same 2 lines,there was few players that wasnt used, surely with the score at 8-2 at this time its worth giving these lads the chance.. other than that bristol done well,

I agree - game lost, season over - so why play 2 line hockey?
That one was lost on me.
Plus, this was simply the worst Mustangs perfomance this season by some distance, not quite sure what was going on?
Next season (it's only 1 game away!) I'd love to see the "experienced" players split up amongst the 4 lines and the up and comings given more ice time to prove themselves (or not!).
However, a season that's had some good hockey, been entertaining, a capable "young" bunch emerging, supported by great "experienced" players, so generally lots of positives which I hope are utilised fully in 2010-2011 (jeez it's nearly next year already!!!!).
Clarky
Old Timer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree,,as ed2 is a development league.. so youth should be given plenty of ice time..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: