Richard Whiting's testimonial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigPete
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Richard Whiting's testimonial Reply with quote

Quote:
Longest serving Chieftain granted testimonial 19th June 2010
The record-breaking Richard Whiting is set to receive a well-deserved testimonial in August this year. Whiting has been granted his testimonial game after more than 16 years of senior ice hockey in Essex, the vast majority of which were spent with the Chieftains.

The experienced 33 year old first made his debut for the Chieftains in 1994 as 17 year old in the tough British Hockey League. Whiting continued to grow as a player over the next few years and then came the famous treble winning season in the 1999-2000 season. Whiting marks this as one of his career highlights

"There have been a number of high points throughout my long career. My career in itself is a lot longer than I ever imagined it would be. Winning that treble with the Chieftains ranks right up there as one of the best moments. That was a great team to be a part of and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It would also be right to mention that I also had a great time playing for Romford Raiders. Even more so the season that we picked up the League Cup and made the play-off semi finals at the Coventry weekend. That again was a great time to be a hockey player with an Essex team. Moving almost up until the present day, my other career high was when we took the English National League by storm 2 seasons back and went the season only dropping 1 point and winning the rest of our league games. Not only was it fantastic to have such a successful team, it also meant the club had a chance to blood in some young talent and give them meaningful games regularly which any young player needs when breaking out of the juniors".

Whiting continued "I've played alongside some great players and characters in my career and seen many a player come and go. I hope to have as many as possible show up for my testimonial game, which is sure to be a fantastic evening of ice hockey. But not only will it be an emotional night for me, it will also be a chance to raise a lot of money for charity."

The game is to take place at the Riverside ice rink in Chelmsford on Sunday 15th August, which will also be the first ice hockey game at the refurbished Riverside rink which is closing for refurbishment over the summer.

Whiting ended with this message to ice hockey fans "I'd love to see as many as possible there on the night to support our charity fund-raising efforts and I am personally inviting each and every Chelmsford and Romford fan to show up wearing your teams colours. There is definitely a bitter rivalry between the two sides, but at the end of the day we're all ice hockey fans inside and we're all up for a good and fun night out. But that's not to say fans from elsewhere are not welcome. They all are and it would be great to see as many different shirts being worn there as possible"

Be great to get you guys along supporting Richard on his special night. Plus as well it'll be some decent hockey to raise the curtain for the season.

Still waiting for my hot dog...
BigPete
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Chelmsford Chieftains regret to announce that due to a problem discovered during the current refurbishment works at the Riverside ice rink in Chelmsford, their pre-season training and the much anticipated testimonial game for Richard Whiting have had to be postponed.

The estimated re-opening of the rink is now not scheduled until the beginning of September and the race is on to have the rink ready in time for the first game of the season, although word from the contractors and the club suggest that game may be in doubt. The club will be desperate to have the rink ready for the first local derby of the season on the 12th of September when local rivals Romford Raiders make their first visit to the Riverside in 2 seasons.

The club apologises for any inconvenience and disappointment caused in this delay but will be working hard to secure a replacement date for Richard Whiting's testimonial game.

Sorry guys.

Still waiting for my hot dog...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: