@ Streatham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLF
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: @ Streatham Reply with quote

Quite an amazing final score of 4 - 5 !!! (Streatham are/were bottom)

In fairness Streatham did have a VERY GOOD net-minder who stopped 70+ shots (Mustangs c30 shots) and quite a few skaters who appeared to be new to the Bruins but not GB hockey!

However, a loss here was not a good result. Overall the Mustangs seemed to drop a level, to meet their opponents standards, (which seems consistent this season) but rarely seemed "up for it". Both netminders who got ice time also seemed out of sorts.

As usual a few good performances led the team, but too many appeared to be taking some time out including the "seniors". Beeling, Rider & Farrell stood out with solid performances. A couple of goals were excellent, the special teams seemed like it'd finally got a bit of work too. However, they were just not up for it and that is really disappointing from a team that, frankly, is capable of winning this league!

Lets hope my trip to Chelmsford next week, when I walk away from the rink, leaves me feeling more like it was worth it, - over to you guys...........
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was the Bruins goalie, then? Tanner?

I'd also be interested to hear who these new players are ("new to the Bruins but not new to GB hockey")
DLF
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Tanner was in goal and a good job he did - altho a lot were straight at him!
As for these other players - sorry I can't remember their names but they were pointed out to me as old 'Skins players and the like.
I did recognise a couple and they certainly helped raised the Streatham standard especially based on results this year!
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of three ex-Skins that have played for the Bruins this season:

Josh Allam - doesn’t seem to be playing much though
Chris Wittenberg - played for the Bruins last season, too
Peter Quiney - played for the Bruins last year too. (Also played for the Skins at the Ice Bowl 0n 2nd Jan and got MoM on his 50th birthday.)

Are these the ones you were thinking of?

Several of the others have played for the Skins from time to time, but not really as regulars AFAIK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: