Chris Cooke

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kev
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Chris Cooke Reply with quote

So he departs, and a few hours later is being announced as signing at Wightlink.

Family issues!!!!!!! Really

Let's have the truth.
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Cooke Reply with quote

kev wrote:
So he departs, and a few hours later is being announced as signing at Wightlink.

Family issues!!!!!!! Really

Let's have the truth.

I'm aware this might cause some tongues to wag but what an absolutely shambolic press release.

How can anybody take the club and management seriously when drivel like that is released. Why not simply say "He has decided his hockey career is better pursued elsewhere and he has asked for the immediate release from his Contract"

We're a laughing stock around the league because of our inability to keep a stable roster together (for reasons that people are fully aware of) and now the press releases are stone cold lies.

FYI - Gillingham is 5 miles further away from Guildford compared to Ryde, however, you do not have a BOAT to contend with!!!!

Last edited by schlong on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
MG Hockey
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we start already. 4 games in - 1 departs.
Fans Pool 2015/16 NOW OPEN
Do you know what you are talking about!!
The Neil Spratling Fan Cl
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We're a laughing stock around the league because of our inability to keep a stable roster together (for reasons that people are fully aware of) and now the press releases are stone cold lies."

Serious question schlong..... What are the reasons ? I would love to know because this is starting to become a very annoying trend each season.

I mean,whatever next ? Season tickets that don't cover the whole season !?!?

4 games in and i've already had enough this season.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Neil Spratling Fan Cl wrote:
"We're a laughing stock around the league because of our inability to keep a stable roster together (for reasons that people are fully aware of) and now the press releases are stone cold lies."

Serious question schlong..... What are the reasons ? I would love to know because this is starting to become a very annoying trend each season.

I mean,whatever next ? Season tickets that don't cover the whole season !?!?

4 games in and i've already had enough this season.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

How long have you got....?

It's a topic I've grown tired of covering to be honest and each summer I genuinely think it 'might' change, however, it looks like another season of the same old story!
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointing, especially as, notwithstanding the imminent addition of the Phillips brothers, the team seems particularly light Defensively.

Let`s hope there`s no need to tighten the wagon wheels just yet.
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if the club will refund my money for my new shirt that i have on ordered.cooke 95 have not received it yet.dont think i will waste my money buying anymore.
PEAB
Old Timer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Chris Cooke Reply with quote

schlong wrote:
kev wrote:
I'm aware this might cause some tongues to wag but what an absolutely shambolic press release.

How can anybody take the club and management seriously when drivel like that is released. Why not simply say "He has decided his hockey career is better pursued elsewhere and he has asked for the immediate release from his Contract"

We're a laughing stock around the league because of our inability to keep a stable roster together (for reasons that people are fully aware of) and now the press releases are stone cold lies.

FYI - Gillingham is 5 miles further away from Guildford compared to Ryde, however, you do not have a BOAT to contend with!!!!

Chris asked for his release claiming family illness meant he had to be closer to home. If these issues are not correct then is that the fault of the club or the player? He lives an hour away in Guildford and yet the club specifically paid out on a 3 bedroom house to accommodate his conditions when joining. It's frustrating but in this instance I don't understand the vitriol aimed at the club or it's staff who have seemingly gone beyond the call of duty.

If Chris wanted to leave for hockey reasons he should use that excuse when making his departure.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/invictadynamoshockey
Twitter: www.twitter.com/InvictaDynamos
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe a 3 bedroom house wasn't big enough to accommodate all his family? Laughing
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Chris Cooke Reply with quote

PEAB wrote:
schlong wrote:
kev wrote:

Chris asked for his release claiming family illness meant he had to be closer to home. If these issues are not correct then is that the fault of the club or the player? He lives an hour away in Guildford and yet the club specifically paid out on a 3 bedroom house to accommodate his conditions when joining. It's frustrating but in this instance I don't understand the vitriol aimed at the club or it's staff who have seemingly gone beyond the call of duty.

If Chris wanted to leave for hockey reasons he should use that excuse when making his departure.

As someone states on THF, it's once (or about 15 times) bitten, twice shy. The club have used all their 'free passes' on matters such as this and the underlying fact is that people just do not like playing for the coach. If they feel the need to dress it up and say 'family issues' then yes that is bad form from the player but that doesn't change the issue in hand.

It's all too convenient in my mind that the gap between the two clubs press releases were around 2 hours. By that point, the IOW would have asked for his papers to be released and a more appropriate press release could have been worded and sent to the fan base.

When ever anything like this comes up it's always a defence first mentality from anybody associated with the club and that's why I feel things will not change.
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Cornish says this on the IoW website:

We are very fortunate to have signed Chris at the stage of the season and he is a player that I wanted to sign in the summer. He has decent size and has a a good skill set for such a young player. His personal circumstances have changed and he wanted to move home, so when I heard he was available I jumped at the chance to get him signed. Chris is another young player that wants to play on the Island to help progress his career and I think its great to be adding young players like this to our roster.

(http://wightlinkraiders.com/2014/09/raiders-snap-up-cooke/ )

From this I deduce that his personal circumastances have actually changed: he no longer wants to play for the Dynamos.

Whatever the reason, it's a pity to lose him from an already rather small roster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: