Vs IOW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Vs IOW Reply with quote

Finishes 8 -7 to IOW

Sounds like a cracking game.

5 or 6 goals in the last five minutes, including 3 with the goalie pulled, 2 for us and one against.

Three fights, Harry vs Watkins, harry getting the win.

Charlie vs Graham, Charlie getting the win.

Leonne vs Cornish, don't know who won

Huska with four goals. Billy with a debut goal.

Fowler and Cesky get match penalties.

Apparently the boys left it all on the ice and made a magnificent effort.
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we had 2 imports scoring we might even win.just as well the huska scoring cause chambers has been poor so far.
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like we took far to many pens tonight
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't there, but its hard not too at the IOW otherwise you get pushed around. That said, from twitter it didn't seem like too many, I guess Fowlers was a 5 minute major (does not get reset after a goal) and then we took another which I guess put us 5 - 3, and at this level the other team should score.

From what I'm told although the result went against the boys played really well and fought all the way, never giving up, we came very close and lets face it all the top teams should win their home games and hope to nick a point from the other top teams at some point, by all accounts a very positive performance.
dartfordian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although it's encouraging that the performance seems to have been stepped up since last week at The Riverside, it's surely concerning that we've conceded 30 goals in our first 5 games of the season?
Lee
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we had a fully fit Disco last night i think we would have won that comfortably. Fair play to him for giving it a go but you could see at times he was very wary of making certain moves had trouble getting back up at times.

Charlie Phillips is an amazing little player. A joy to watch. His hit in the first period on Larter who isn't a small guy was the best hit i have seen in years. Larter went down like a sack of spuds. Won his fight comfortably which came from him being on the end of a cheap hit from Graham so he stepped up himself and took him on.

Billy was excellent aswell. Saw the hockey playing Billy Phillips not the cheap shotting / slashing Billy we saw playing for Romford. These two are superb signings for us and give us back an edge we have missed in the past few years.

It was a great game of hockey to watch and although the result went against us i'm proud of the way the boys never gave up and kept going and we almost snatched a draw at the death.

Also i believe Fowler's Match penalty has been downgraded so he'll play tonight Very Happy
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if discos is playing with a injury.and by playing when not fully fit.we could end up missing like last season.it cost us last year and i think it will cost us again.
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was entertaining! I don't think either set of fans could complain about value for money last night! The Phillip's brothers will at least see to that for the Dynamos faithful this year!

A much better performance from the Dynamos and they showed some intensity following last weekends shocking performance. Still a few players not turning up but all in all a lot better.

It's interesting to see players drop down a league and look out their depth (chambers and Graham last night). You'd have expected them to be stand out performers but this league is very chippy and maybe it will take time for them to adjust!

Watkins - Lillis was pretty even. Watkins early, Lillis late and then Lillis with the takedown. Slight edge to Lillis.

Graham - C. Phillips. One punch knock down from Charlie and Graham looked a bit silly after that. How embarrassing being turned in by a 17 year old!

Cornish - Leone. Cornish all day long (which you'd expect). Fair play to Leone though who didn't shy away.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an entertaining game on the Island. I`m a bit puzzled though by schlong`s comment regarding Greg Chambers. Admittedly his point tally of 3 in 5 games is a more modest number than anticipated. However I find it difficult to imagine that Greg would "look out of his depth" in the NIHL. His pedigree is there for all to see and he is clearly a player with great a skill set who has played in leagues where there would be high physical tone alongside high skill.
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don C wrote:
Sounds like an entertaining game on the Island. I`m a bit puzzled though by schlong`s comment regarding Greg Chambers. Admittedly his point tally of 3 in 5 games is a more modest number than anticipated. However I find it difficult to imagine that Greg would "look out of his depth" in the NIHL. His pedigree is there for all to see and he is clearly a player with great a skill set who has played in leagues where there would be high physical tone alongside high skill.

Hence why I'm saying it's surprising to see him struggle at this level. I was really excited to see him play and thought even a half arsed Greg Chambers would tear this league apart but it hasn't happened.... Yet.

What's more concerning is if you watch him in isolation it isn't as if he is making plays and his line mates arent capable of reading him, he simply isn't making ANY plays. I wasn't at the MK game but in the games I've seen him he's been playing with Andy Smith (arguably the most natural 'hockey sense' on the team) and Callum Fowler (arguably the most naturally talented player on the team) so his line mates aren't exactly 'crap'.

Time will tell I guess!
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

six games played
huska 25 points
chambers 3 points
thinks those stats say it all
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, perhaps he is carrying an injury. Hope there`s nothing else wrong.
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Don C"]Strange, perhaps he is carrying an injury. Hope there`s nothing else wrong.[/quote

maybe hope your right.he looks slow on the ice.and never seems to want to take a shot on goal he seems to want to always pass the puck instead oftake the shot himself.
most of huskas points have come on the second line.as chambers is on the first with smith and fowler]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: