vs london raiders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStudent
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: vs london raiders Reply with quote

Thought we played much better on sunday. Its nice to see Adam doing well. With abit more training I think he could easily be a player in the EPL. Husk is on fire. Disco is a warrior but does need time out. I'd like to see strawson play as a forward if we do get this import D. I think David Oliver might be on the radar. Dan terry and Elliot are also doing well so far.

I'm not the biggest fan of the Phillips brothers and to be honest they haven't quite won me over. I like what I'm seeing I just need a little more convincing. However saying that. They have both taking some shocking penalties over the past couple weeks. Billy really had it in for the import D on Sunday and kept cross checking him which led to a silly penalty. Clear slash from the faceoff. I've never seen a player get more game misconducts than Charlie has been recently. Some of them are wrong and I do think they're given because of the name aswell. But he has overeacted on a few occasion's. He has to be careful especially with him being on the leagues radar.

Good overall game. Think we broke klima down nicely sometimes. Good penalty killing. Hat off to wilko who did a decent job in net. I think raiders have become a different team this season. Don't think there so much of a constant threat. Obviously is still great for them to ice a team this season. But I don't think they will do particularly well this season. I didn't know about Olivers release untill after the game, however you could see they clearly missed him.

I have been to a fair few games of the years, however the refs were seriously shocking. Tripping call on Adam was unbelievable. He clearly slipped. Not only that he didn't even give the penalty correctly. He didn't announce to the keepers who the penalty was for and acted like Adam was refusing to leave the ice. Tripping seemed to be his call throughout the night. The check to the head was clear however it wasn't intentional and the player did duck away from it. Two clear icing which were never called. And the most shocking incident of the night was harry injured. Players risk there bodies during these games. A lot of them don't roll over easily. So to see someone go down on the ice the ref should automatically stop play. But for him to be directly in front of harry and hold the whistle in his mouth and look at him was seriously an insult. Some players had already stopped. But he carried on while he saw harry was struggling. Kp and the rest of the crowd literally screaming at him to blow the whistle. Seriously shocking that a ref could even do that. It felt and looked like he was mocking harry by leaving it that late to stop play. As a ref you need to be able to hold your ground on decisions and give your reasoning. But time again he would make a call. Kp would challenge it and he would skate off. 2 refs for a game like this was pushing it abit anyway. But seriously one of the worse ref performances I have seen. I think I'm right in thinking howarth was the same ref for the shocking game in streatham when he made the goal count. The first ref I have ever seen back down from a decision to award a goal and go completely against what he and the others had seen just because the players made a fuss. The league should seriously keep note of these shocking ref performances. Tripping calls which were clearly players slipping. A couple of offsides which weren't given however that third ref would have made them easier to see. The league needs to start getting involved.
PEAB
Old Timer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: vs london raiders Reply with quote

TheStudent wrote:
Tripping call on Adam was unbelievable. He clearly slipped. Not only that he didn't even give the penalty correctly. He didn't announce to the keepers who the penalty was for and acted like Adam was refusing to leave the ice.

I don't like to complain about refs too much as it's a job i clearly couldn't do but what made that call even more amusing was, having seen the video, it was actually Harry involved in the play and yet Adam took the penalty - presumably hence the confusion. Mistaken identity! Laughing

The hit to the head call on Charlie is almost waist height (see that in the highlights later) and Leone's misconduct remains a mystery!

Like I say - tough job - but how we came out with 60 PIMS from that I don't know and it can ultimately lead to suspensions later.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/invictadynamoshockey
Twitter: www.twitter.com/InvictaDynamos
grant_w
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: vs london raiders Reply with quote

PEAB wrote:
The hit to the head call on Charlie is almost waist height (see that in the highlights later) and Leone's misconduct remains a mystery!

On the interview, KP said Leone was flipping the puck up to the ref
sja0001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good video and great editing. Managed to cut out Hogarth the Horrible almost entirely. What happened to all the decent refs in our league?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: