Mustangs at Haringey, 02/11/14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Mustangs at Haringey, 02/11/14 Reply with quote

According to Fixtureslive, it finished Racers 7-3 Mustangs.

There are two interesting things:
- Alistair Band took 77 penalty minutes, all of them at 59:54. I think one penalty was for Travesty of the Game (EX-RP)
- the ref was Ashraff.

Gamesheet: http://w.fixtureslive.com/staticapi.aspx?a=statzone_match.ashx%3ffixtureID%3d1588987

Last edited by MikeT on Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clarky
Old Timer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go MIke T

After a slow start, the Racers found themselves a goal down after 10 minutes with Aaron Ferris registering for the visitors. However, Haringey turned the game in their favour with a pair of quick goals late in the first period from Alistair Band and Jack Cooper.

The home team took full control in the second period with three unanswered goals; Ross Sin-Hidge dispossessed the last defender and won his 1-on-1 dual with Mustangs keeper Daubney, Ryan Blackwood finished a nice team move to make it 4-1 and finally, late in the period, a deflected shot from Cooper made it five.

Into the third, and Invicta pulled a goal back through Jake Luton before a brace of Racers goals from Fedotovas and Band made the game safe, the visitors adding a late Tyrone Howden Powerplay goal as consolation. However, the period was marred by a serious looking injury to Lee Hounslow. Also with a few seconds to go, Band’s indiscipline cost him two Match Penalties (Roughing and Travesty of the Game) plus a 5 + Game for Resisting an Official.

Racers Scoring:
Alistair Band 2+0, Jack Cooper 2+0, Ryan Blackwood 1+1, Romanas Fedotovas 1+1, Ross Sin-Hidge 1+0, Sam Roberts 0+2, Matt Brown 0+1, Matt France 0+1

Mustangs Scoring:
Aaron Ferris 1+1, Jake Luton 1+0, Tyrone Howden 1+0, Richard Smith 0+2, Bradley Slade 0+1, Daniel Clayton 0+1, Bradley Gutridge 0+1

Shots on goal: 47 on Matthew Daubney (Mustangs), 33 on Ricky Young (Racers)
PIMs: Racers 103, Mustangs 12

Racers Man of the Match – Jack Cooper
Mustangs Man of the Match – Jake Luton
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Clarky.

I remember going to see Mos vs Hornets in Bracknell about 6-7 years ago, and the ref handed out two or possibly three Travesty penalties.

I can't remember who it was. Might have been Ashraff, I suppose.

I didn't think he did any actual officiating these days. I can't remember when I last saw his name on a gamesheet. Perhaps he only does games I don't look at.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: