Oxford Next Saturday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Neil Spratling Fan Cl
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Oxford Next Saturday Reply with quote

Making my first visit to Oxford next Saturday in a long time (1993 I think !!!) and was after parking info. Looks like the car park next to the rink is closed, so was wondering what is the next best option.

Many thanks.
June11
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the university campus opposite is most peoples option, they charge 5 to park but it's cheaper than the car park next to the rink
iandun
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, was doing a piece on Oxford for the Streatham programme, and got this reply from the very helpful Oxford manager:

The best place to park is indeed the College opposite the rink. They charge 5 for all day parking at the weekend which is MUCH cheaper than parking at any of the council car parks in the City Centre (plus the money goes directly into a student hardship fund which makes me feel a bit better about paying it). Of course if you get there after the Students have gone for the day then it's free.

The official Car park for the ice rink is now closed and likely to be so all season. If the college car park is full, then the next option is Abbey Road car park which is about 100m down the road from the rink (to the right of the rink on the opposite side of the road). Parking there is a lot more expensive especially on a Saturday (http://www.oxford.gov.uk/PageRender/decTS/CarParksinOxfordCityCentre.htm#2 is a link for the council car parking website with charges).
Carpo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheapest (shockingly even including Park and Ride assuming two in the car), is the College over the road, it's a fiver which as mentioned goes into student hardship/welfare/scholarships etc, etc.

Parking in Oxford is an utter nightmare i'm afraid to say. Sat in way too many meetings with the City Council about it.
TheStudent
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of the road is a roundabout. And the train station. Turn left at the mini roundabout and you enter a little industrial estate. Perfect parking there. There's no charge (although it says to be used for people at work) no ones gonna come along and check it was dead and dark. Saved me paying 5-10 parking. Parked in the corner out of site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: