Most Boo-ed at the Bowl!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mondo965

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Most Boo-ed at the Bowl! Reply with quote

[quote="quoththeraven"]
Daz wrote:
Paul Heavey,

You mean, our new GB U-20s coach? Off-topic and shameless name-dropping but I spoke to the previous one last night and by all accounts Heavey's got his work cut out.

Knowing HEAVEY im sure he will do a decent job,if not im sure he could ask you for some advice! after all we can all talk a good game myself included but i wouldnt dare ask to lace his boots!
NikkiD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the Cast incident as i had a huge bruise the size of his blocker on my leg for a month Crying or Very sad His brother picked a fight with some1 in the crowd beside my goaljudge seat & Castie being Castie decided to join in.
Russ Jackson also started a punch up through the netting beside me when he Played for Romford
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NikkiD wrote:
I remember the Cast incident as i had a huge bruise the size of his blocker on my leg for a month Crying or Very sad His brother picked a fight with some1 in the crowd beside my goaljudge seat & Castie being Castie decided to join in.
Russ Jackson also started a punch up through the netting beside me when he Played for Romford

The crowd just aren't as intense nowadays to wind the players up so much that they lose it. Back in those days teams were nervous of coming to the bowl and rarely took points away with them. Having said that not many take points now, but the quality of visiting teams don't compare with the old Peterboro Pirates, Telford Tigers, Slough Jets etc of old..
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good call crackers, although its only since the netting went, down in the cafe corner opposition players used to hate coming into that corner, there is nothing quite as off putting as being heckled every time you get hit in the corner (or for a ref dropping the puck in that corner too....Hayden!!) I remember a game where Baxter or Rocky were having some fisticuffs and the oppo player tried to punch them and some fan (cant remember who Smile ) grabbed his arm and stopped the punch.

Straight up when it came to the 3rd period the right d man would often not even come in the corner, the boys will know what I'm talking about.
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember those happy days. It has to be said that "the corner" was an intimidating place to visit, but at the same time that has a lot to do with the players themselves. I remember Todd Bidner, John Burnicle, John Lawless, Shannon Hope, and Steve Doyle, all happily undoing the nets to climb through...... in Bidners case he was swinging right hooks and nearly made it over! Laughing Who was the player that threw his stick into the stands above the away bench?? Then there was the Craig Melancon incident where he left the Penalty Box to get involved with the fans, and knocked that baby out of the Mother's arms - think he got banned from British Hockey for life for that one??
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz wrote:
Yeah, I remember those happy days. It has to be said that "the corner" was an intimidating place to visit, but at the same time that has a lot to do with the players themselves. I remember Todd Bidner, John Burnicle, John Lawless, Shannon Hope, and Steve Doyle, all happily undoing the nets to climb through...... in Bidners case he was swinging right hooks and nearly made it over! Laughing Who was the player that threw his stick into the stands above the away bench?? Then there was the Craig Melancon incident where he left the Penalty Box to get involved with the fans, and knocked that baby out of the Mother's arms - think he got banned from British Hockey for life for that one??

We have had a few things thrown at us by the away bench, mainly water bottles, being polite they are usually returned Laughing
Melancon completely lost it, went to court and was deported, never to return. Things are so much more civilised nowadays ( is that a way of saying uncompetitive...)
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember when steve doyle got lobbed from another game and as he came through our bench he swang his stick like an axe at our players and it nearly chopped my nose off!

he is the scarriest player iv come across, oh possibly his brother too!
grant_w
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I had to present him with the man of the match award on the 1 time I've presented it Shocked
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Doyle's a pussycat, whats up with you lot!! We went up to Solihull 1 year to see 2 other Goalies on the Team Sheet...... imagine the surprise when he stepped out dressed as a player! His brother spent the whole game stood behind our bench. Even the wee man Ali didn't fancy that one. But then, Solihull also had a player called Neil Cotton, who was on a final warning from the then BIHA. If memory serves me right, he had his first "fight" about 10-15 seconds into the game - I had front row view - good old Marshall! Laughing Now that guy (Neil) was a proper Psycho!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: