NHL Team you like LEAST

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: NHL Team you like LEAST Reply with quote

Feeling particularly anti one team in the NHL right now and was wondering who other people`s least favorite NHL team might be, and perhaps why ??

A few clues about the team I “like” (ouch) ! Least …..

Their fans nearly always invade other NHL buildings up and down the east coast - even including the extreme south-east !!!

They have a lot of bandwagon jumpers as this team has won a lot of cups - though a lot were won when there were far fewer clubs in the League.

Chris Chelios was a captain of this outfit

They`re Canadian but fewer than 40% of their current roster are Canucks

The above are reasons why I cannot “like” this team. If you still don`t know who I`m talking about check out the NHL team logos ………. Theirs is the one that looks like a sideways view of a toilet seat !!!!!!!!

Take care,
Uncle (Grumpy) Don
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 'orrible lot from Montreal, but then again, EVERY ONE hates them! If Streatham were to twin with a team it would be Montreal, cheating you know whats! Evil or Very Mad
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, the Canucks looks a bit like a bog seat with a big fish on it Laughing Laughing

Yeah I kinda have trouble liking them, its the French fascist thing that does it for me.

But teh Leafs are the ones that are peeing me off most, but for their under achievement. They're a funny Club, pretty much the 'Man United' of the Hockey World (certainly the English first language Hockey World), but they have been awful to watch for a good few Years now and seem worse this Year. Also, I dunno whether its the restrictions of the cap or draft pick trades or summat, but depsite being the biggest (in dollar terms) Hockey Club in teh World, they don't seem to have any genuine Star players.......When you go through all the other Teams, you can name 2-3 real 'go to guys' straight off. Yup, Sundin is class but not the out & out best, after that, its a real struggle!!

Clear 'least favourite' for me though. Even though they don't really play the same way anymore.....New Jersey. Can't forgive them for lifting the Cup playing the worst Hockey ever, it made your eyes bleed to watch.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wings all they way, and not to blow it in the play offs as normal, I do have the rangers as an outside shot. Sens will do nothing this year!!! Wink
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rats wrote:
Wings all they way, and not to blow it in the play offs as normal, I do have the rangers as an outside shot. Sens will do nothing this year!!! Wink

Now read the above properly...... fool! Laughing

The Habs are my choice. Boring, no atmosphere, naff jersey...... plus the whole french issue! Laughing
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of a little diversion from the Mo`s play-offs :-

Those nasty Habs are about to have a week out west and I`m really hoping they`re gonna get their butts kicked !
To all fans of Western teams -especially San Jose, LA, Phoenix & L.A - sing-out loud for your boys and whip those Habs !!!!!

OK perhaps I seem to be just a little anti-Montreal Twisted Evil
If it comes across that way it`s unintended - the acrimony is far more intense !!!!!

On a positive note Those Bruins are just Surging...... Just goes to show that a feisty no-nonsense approach can be rewarding. Boston has some very tough players in its team and these Big Bad Bruins are playing terrific hockey.

Lucic is the next Neely !

Uncle Don
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 2 answers to this question.
The team I like least at the moment in the NHL are the Thrashers, I watched them host the 'Canes the other week and they were just dire (as was the turn out to watch them, appalling support from the locals) with no effort put in at all. They're second from bottom in the conference and only the Kings have lost more games then them and it shows. When the team can't be bothered to actually put up a fight then why should the fans be bothered to go and watch them.
All time least fav team, who I will never like - well, got to be the Habs I'm afraid. Not sure whether it's the whole bi-lingual thing or the attitude or what, just can't put my finger on it - I guess they're just too smug for my liking I suppose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: