ENL League Champions Final

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: ENL League Champions Final Reply with quote

A couple of weeks ago the Nottingham Lions beat the Peterborough Islanders 5 - 4 in the first leg of the ENL League Champions Final.

In the return leg last night in Nottingham, the Lions won 9 - 1, making it 14 - 5 on aggregate.

Congratulations to the Lions.
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I like to think I know a bit about hockey I am at a bit of a loss to know how Peterborough, who were the best in the South, got so easily beaten by two northern sides (Whitley 7-2 in the finals, Nottingham 5-4 & 9-1). Is the Northern Division really that much better than the south???
Marvyn
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah - even their whippets have skates!
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the past few seasons the best teams we have played have come from the North (plus peterboro who are northern in my book! Laughing ).
And it shows that though you may win stuff in the South with a couple of outstanding players, to win stuff Nationally you need a well balanced team with a minimum of two full lines of hard skating, well drilled players.
Thinking over the past two seasons I don't think I have seen anyone other than Campbell from Newcastle that is as good as Andy Smith but we have ended up without silverware.
I think the brush that is sweeping through the Mos this summer is needed for us to progress nationally and several more key players are required alongside the Sarno lads.
steve36
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Northern cousins, have over many years seem to have the beating of us southern softies, now days with the likes of Nottingham and Sheffield with two ice pads each they seem to have as much ice time as they need and in opinion will just get better and better over the years to come. Whitley is an old run down rink but they live for hockey up there.
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.... some interesting comments re the great north/south divide.
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Sheffield, but the Nottingham Lions certainly don't have as much ice time as they need.

As far as ice time for hockey is concerned, I believe the Lions are well down the pecking order - after the Panthers and after the juniors.

The Lions have one training session per week, late on a Thursday evening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: