Stanley Cup Final
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear Oh dear Oh dear!!! Poor Mr Malkin, zero points in the 4 games so far,and he only get 12m a season, 5 on 3 powerplay for 1m 26 secs, 3 - 1 series lead, can anyone see the penguins winning 3 games in a row??

Schlong - the rotund lady is warming up her vocal chords, get ready to prise open that wallet of yours my friend!!!

GO WINGS GO
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Hats off to Zetterberg. You're up by one, on someone elses ice, in the third period of game 4 of the Stanley cup. You've got 2 in the penalty box and Sid the kid is standing 18" away from your goal waiting to pick up a pass from Hossa, with your net minder at the other side of the goal.
Why, you quite simply time it perfectly and block Crosby's stick just as he's about to deflect the puck into an essentially open net. Easy.
Hate to say it but the Pens were out played at every stage last night (and every game of the finals actually) and Mondays should in reality be the last game required.
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young Pens have sucked! Its all about the experience! Looking forward to seeing the Cup lifted on monday, so I can save 9.99 a month.

All too easy to back the faves son - its a no lose gamble!!
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the start of the season after they collasped in the play offs last year? Didnt you back the sens, where did they finish in the play offs last season??? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erm..... they didn't win the Cup!
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not over till its over but a crisp note is sat here ready i can say that!

could it be delivered on wednesday or will you have to wait...........?
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He he, I bet they all really needed all that O/T right about now.
So, it goes on.......................
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a game!! Not the most skillfull display by either Team, but grit, effort, absolutely first class. I asked where Ryan Malone had been......jeez what a game, busted nose, blocking shots, forechecking, what performance from him.

Thought the Pens, who were outshot (don't know exactly) summink like 60-30, won the game thanks to Fleury, Roberts, Malone and Talbot who all worked their nuts off. I started watching the game from V+ recording at 5:30pm, that ran out before the OT had done, switched straight over seemlessly to a re-run on NASN by pure fluke and finished at 10:10pm!!!

Wings still strong favourites, but they must be pretty deflated after that, although its still a sudden death series. If Malkin starts to show up and Crosby finds some room, the Pens are in with a squeak, effort alone will not win the next 2 games. COME ON PENS!!!!
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the best team won, not the one I wanted but Wings thoroughly deserved it.

You can complain about luck in front of net at both ends, lucky bounces whatever. But if you out shoot (not including shots that go wide of the net ofcourse!) 2-1 in every game, have speed, skill, great D from every player, you deserve to win the Cup.

They are the best Hockey Team I have seen lift the Cup since I've been watching. You gotta be pleased to be watching that as a neutral or even from your rivals rather than the dross that the Devils were winning with only 5 Years ago.
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I glad I stayed up to watch that and now feel like pooh after having to get back up at 06.30 this morning? You betcha.
I cannot believe the speed that game was played at from the first face-off and the crunches were huge. How Gonchar carried on after a double whammy, first hitting the plexi then bouncing bouncing off and crashing into the back of the goal during the 1st period I'll never know.
Great game and have to admit that without a doubt, the Wings totally outplayed the Pens through the series and deserved to win. So much for my prediction.
Rangers for the cup 2009!!!
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2009 - Go Predators! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: