Music
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lee
Veteran


Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 590
Location: Strood , Kent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Music Reply with quote

As we are all aware Barry is hanging up his mic after Andy Martins' game on Sunday and i gather a new DJ is in place for the new season.
He ( Or She ) probably has their own idea's for music for the games but what new tune should we skate out to?
My choice would be The Professional's theme tune or maybe the dance version of Lost In Space by Apollo 440.
Guildford had this a few years ago and it went down well.
Any other idea's.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
kev
All Star


Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 2270

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of seasons ago we had 'O Fortuna' from Carl Orffs Carmina Burana. I think this would go down well especially if the lightning was lowered and dry ice used around the bench as the players skate out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee
Veteran


Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 590
Location: Strood , Kent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds good Kev but we can't dim the lighting as it takes the whole first period to light up properly again. We did it once last year by mistake against Basingstoke i think it was and we had to delay Face off. lol
The Dry Ice idea sounds good. Although we would hopefully do a better job than Oxford did a couple of seasons ago when they did it. Matalan in Strood the other day brought back memories of that occasion
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
luke
Squad Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 210

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
This sounds good Kev but we can't dim the lighting as it takes the whole first period to light up properly again. We did it once last year by mistake against Basingstoke i think it was and we had to delay Face off. lol
The Dry Ice idea sounds good. Although we would hopefully do a better job than Oxford did a couple of seasons ago when they did it. Matalan in Strood the other day brought back memories of that occasion


Yes, Oxford's looked like fire, hence the "Romford" chants that followed Laughing . I'd quite like us to come out to 'O Fortuna' too, or maybe "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson for the first league game?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
kev
All Star


Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 2270

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee, just been looking through my classical cd collection, how about Mars-the bringer of war from Holst's Planet suite
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee
Veteran


Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 590
Location: Strood , Kent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a new one on me mate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
quoththeraven
Squad Member


Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 178

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
I'd quite like us to come out to 'O Fortuna' too, or maybe "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson for the first league game?!


You surprise me - I could have sworn you'd say Buck's Fizz.

I liked Barry using Enter Sandman by Metallica, and Feuer Frei by Rammstein (as used by the Knights). As for songs I've not heard used before the idea of using Holst's Planet Suite is a good one.

However my personal vote would go to Hey Hey My My (Into the Black) by Neil Young and Crazy Horse off the album Live Rust.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
luke
Squad Member


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 210

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quoththeraven wrote:
luke wrote:
I'd quite like us to come out to 'O Fortuna' too, or maybe "Since U Been Gone" by Kelly Clarkson for the first league game?!


You surprise me - I could have sworn you'd say Buck's Fizz.

I liked Barry using Enter Sandman by Metallica, and Feuer Frei by Rammstein (as used by the Knights). As for songs I've not heard used before the idea of using Holst's Planet Suite is a good one.

However my personal vote would go to Hey Hey My My (Into the Black) by Neil Young and Crazy Horse off the album Live Rust.


Well seeing as you mentioned it, I did think we could come out to Lordi! Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Crackers
All Star


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 2623

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Music Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
As we are all aware Barry is hanging up his mic after Andy Martins' game on Sunday and i gather a new DJ is in place for the new season.
He ( Or She ) probably has their own idea's for music for the games but what new tune should we skate out to?
My choice would be The Professional's theme tune or maybe the dance version of Lost In Space by Apollo 440.
Guildford had this a few years ago and it went down well.
Any other idea's.......


Please not the professionals, this is not only corny it opens that old chestnut about a develeopment league, paying players etc. Streatham fans would go on and on and on about it! Laughing
As for music, when the opposition skate out we could play "Things can only get better..."
The home team music is tough and probably needs a mix of songs. The start of 'Satisfaction' by the Stones would be a good starter?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
warren
All Star


Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Posts: 1418
Location: Walderslade

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Enter Sandman is a great tune, Welcome to the Jungle by Guns n Roses? Barry also used Cochise by Audioslave which was great..

I think this weekend Andy Martin's team should come out to the A team - old skool players need an old skool tune!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crackers
All Star


Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Posts: 2623

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think this weekend Andy Martin's team should come out to the A team - old skool players need an old skool tune!


Nice touch, but ONLY for this game PLEASE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daz
All Star


Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Posts: 1263
Location: Outside Sittingbourne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEUER FREI is ours..... keep your filthy mitts off!!!
_________________
I'm not THAT old! CALL HIS NAME!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Bazza
All Star


Joined: 18 Aug 2006
Posts: 1610

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entrance tunes at the start of the game have been chosen for me but the specific tune for Andy Martin is mine and the rest of the game is down to me!!
Should be a great one!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Johnny Canada



Joined: 31 Aug 2006
Posts: 3
Location: Strood (via Vancouver)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The perfect Ice Hockey entrance music is "Narcotic" by Liquido!

If you haven't heard this song please download and see what I mean
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MikeT
All Star


Joined: 02 Sep 2006
Posts: 2152
Location: Bingham

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about "Midnight Dynamo" - Scott plays it at the juniors games sometimes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group