Mustangs vs Swindon 15/02/09

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Mustangs vs Swindon 15/02/09 Reply with quote

Swindon were on the wrong end of an 11-1 scoreline against Chelmo last night (and Chelmo won the league, as Bazza has posted elsewhere).

They're only a point behind the Mustangs, so I'm hoping it will be a good game.
MG Hockey
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Result?????
Fans Pool 2015/16 NOW OPEN
Do you know what you are talking about!!
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustangs 3 - 4 Swindon

Not a bad game to watch but spoilt by the refereeing which was sometimes bizarre and sometimes woefully inept.
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its called the Sarah Harris effect! Crying or Very sad

Though it was three periods I thought this was a game of two halves. First half we bossed it and at 3 zip were totally in control. Then we changed goalies, I assume to get Sheehan's confidence back up and the Mustangs game just fell apart. Sheehan didnt make any particular howlers, it just seemed to me that all of a sudden every one was nervous and Swindon smelt blood.

Reasonable game though that was tight to the end.
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm, was a curious one, in the end Swindon skated better in the 2nd half of the game and scored 4 pretty good goals, so I don't wanna take anything away from them.

Mustangs were missing 3 key D men and had players playing out of position, then with the, how shall we put it, 'over zealous' ejection of Lakey from the game, the lines had to be shuffled and that's where it started to go wrong to me.

The washed out goal must have been for a delayed call on Jamie but there was no signal of a delayed penalty (that I or the bench saw) that's 2 of those in 2 games!!!
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I didnt see any delayed call for the fourth goal, and besides we had possession for a while before scoring it!! I can only assum,e the ref changed his mind after being spoken to by Swindon players.

I'm a fan of the Mustangs and I respect their coach a lot, but I've got to question pulling a goalie who was on a shut out, no disrespect to Connor but I thought Grouty would have saved at least 2 of the 3 goals Connor let in.

As for the Lakey penalty, it was really harsh, called as accidental, but the "rules" as I understand them demand that penalty if blood (however little) is drawn. We had a simular incident at our last game where a player was injured (possibly by an ill fitting helmet) and our player was given a match penalty and subsequent 2 game ban, however his was a deliberate check.

I thought Mustangs played well and derserved a draw, this was only denied by shocking officals, how are these people allowed to ref anything other than juniors and rec, its a joke!!
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rats wrote:

.. how are these people allowed to ref anything other than juniors and rec, its a joke!!

No, we dont want them in the juniors! They (well S.H) has wrecked more than a couple of junior games this season already!
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a game last season, a good friendly game, one of their players went in hard on our goalie, our d man just pushed him away as any player would, SH came over and told our d man, "any more of that and I will walk off!".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: