Mustangs V Streatham Bruins today (15/11/09)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FTG 71
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Mustangs V Streatham Bruins today (15/11/09) Reply with quote

Would be good to see a few faces at the Ice Bowl today to support the Mustangs Very Happy Face off 5.15 as usual.
Big Girth
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of 1st period;

mustangs 8 streatham 0
Big Girth
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

End of 2nd;

Mustangs 14 Streatham 0
Big Girth
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final score;

Mustangs 20 Streatham 0
howie19
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokes.... that's some scoreline! Shocked

How many Streatham guys turned up? Who were the big point getters in the Mustangs side?
Big Girth
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streatham had 12 plus 2 netminders. Scoring seemed pretty well spread out, Matt Drake had at least 4.
I'm afraid Streatham were nothing to write home about, big mix of youth and experience (Peter Quiney!), but that said it was Streatham that were putting in the checks, we didn't seemed as interested in the physical side of things, a bit of a disappointment really as with Mustangs games that's normally a given.
However you can't disagree with the scoreline, 20 goals says it all.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streatham were second best, without taking anything away from a good Mustangs performance, the Streatham netminder was poor, they had a couple of decent players and a couple of players that were really not so good.

Rockys goal in the second period was very good. Nice for Grouchy to get the shut out. The youngsters impressed tonight.

As for the physical side, Mustangs have never really been physical, obviously Lloyd threw the body a lot, Rocky will throw the body and drop the gloves if he needed to.
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some stuff on the game. All of this is unofficial, so it might be wrong!!

Mustangs were: Steven Grout (nm), Conor Sheehan (nm - did not ice), Matthew Drake, Richard Smith, Peter Beerling, Kevin Lake, Liam Watson, Peter Carey, Richard Myers, Thomas Dennis, James Fraser, Tomas Hiscock, Greg Hales, Damian Welch, Bradley Gutridge, Daniel Fudger, Harrison Lillis. So, they were 15 skaters +2 nms.

Bruins were: Khalid Abdulwahid (nm - iced P1 and P2), Thomas Hartley (nm - iced P3), Christopher Wittenberg, Nicholas O'Donnell, Jason Richards, Jakob Siegeris, Justin Grant, Nathan Easom, Robert England, Laura Price, Andre Ward, Alexander Wegrzynek, Timothy Southgate, Peter Quiney. That makes 12 skaters and +2 nms.

As far as the Bruins go, I was expecting to see a few juniors on the ice, but apart from the nms the only one wearing a face cage was Laura Price.

Quiney was wearing #48, which must be close to his age. (Eurohockey has him playing his first senior game in 1978/79.) Respect to him for dragging himself out of retirement to help out this season.

Siegeris is German - the only import in the game.

Scoring was something like: Matthew Drake, 4+2; Kevin Lake, 4+2; Tomas Hiscock, 3+0; Harrison Lillis, 2+4; Richard Smith, 2+2; James Fraser, 2+2; Peter Beerling, 2+1; Daniel Fudger, 1+4; Damian Welch, 0+4; Peter Carey, 0+3; Greg Hales, 0+3; Thomas Dennis, 0+2.

Wegrzynek had picked up a few minors, and a 2+10 (announced as Check to the Head, but might have been Check from Behind really) but Iím not sure why he got a second 10 min penalty. He was just clearing players out of the crease in the usual way after a melee. Perhaps he said something. Anyway it was his second 10 min penalty, so he was out of the game

Obviously, in a 20-0 game you tend to watch the nms a lot. I donít think either of them was as bad as the scoreline suggests, but they didnít have much help from the defence. There were a few chances at the other end of the ice, but not many. Credit to the Bruins for keeping going, though, and generally for playing in the right spirit.

Lillis and Laura Price were MoMs.

In the end, even if the Bruins had had another 3 players to even up the numbers I donít think they would have come close to the Mustangs.
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good summary of the game Mike.
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copied & pasted from THF out of pure laziness Embarassed

I only managed to see the last 12 minutes. 16-0 when I arrived.

For the first time watching Senior Hockey, I felt sorry for the opposition. It was a turkey shoot. All respect to the Bruins players who did their best no doubt, but it was hopelessly one sided, Mustangs weren't checking as it was pointless. The Bruins crossed the Invicta Blue line, in posession of the puck, only twice in 12 minutes, the puck was stripped easily before any kind of shot was contemplated.

The crowd were curiously partisan given the shape of the game.

Thought the Mustangs played and were coached to a mature win without taking the mick out of their opponents, Dickie Smiths assist to Rocky, the highlight of what I saw.

It was like watching much of the mis-matched batterings I've seen at Junior level, I found it difficult to watch, there seems to be a bigger gap between the top and bottom teams in both ENL Leagues this year. Maybe it's a result of some clubs trying to Ice too many teams.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify my earlier post which I have now re-read, just wanted to be clear that I thought this was a very good Mustangs performance, very disciplined, sometimes you get sucked down to the other teams level or people turn into hotdogs, this didnt happen at all.

Well played guys and Ali.
Marvyn
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mustangs were: Steven Grout (nm), Conor Sheehan (nm - did not ice), Matthew Drake, Richard Smith, Peter Beerling, Kevin Lake, Liam Watson, Peter Carey, Richard Myers, Thomas Dennis, James Fraser, Tomas Hiscock, Greg Hales, Damian Welch, Bradley Gutridge, Daniel Fudger, Harrison Lillis.

Development league?
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvyn wrote:
Quote:
Mustangs were: Steven Grout (nm), Conor Sheehan (nm - did not ice), Matthew Drake, Richard Smith, Peter Beerling, Kevin Lake, Liam Watson, Peter Carey, Richard Myers, Thomas Dennis, James Fraser, Tomas Hiscock, Greg Hales, Damian Welch, Bradley Gutridge, Daniel Fudger, Harrison Lillis.

Development league?

They were positively juvenile compared with:
Quote:
Bruins were: Khalid Abdulwahid (nm - iced P1 and P2), Thomas Hartley (nm - iced P3), Christopher Wittenberg, Nicholas O'Donnell, Jason Richards, Jakob Siegeris, Justin Grant, Nathan Easom, Robert England, Laura Price, Andre Ward, Alexander Wegrzynek, Timothy Southgate, Peter Quiney. That makes 12 skaters and +2 nms.
Dave T
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matsh photo's now posted up in the Gallery

Purchase Dynamos, Mustangs & Juniors Photo's online at - icyphotography.co.uk
steve36
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what can i say the 20-0 scoreline somewhat gives away the clue of who were by far the better team on the night. The Bruins are about development with Khalid 16, Laura 17, Tom 19, Alex 19, Jason 21, Rob 20, Andre 20. We also have other players who are 15 and just awaiting there 16th birthdays. It is the policy that all of the younger players will be played they will not sit on the bench to gain experience, we have lost players to the Redskins early in the season and those are 16 and 17 years old respectively. Yes we do have older players but the emphasis is on trying to recruit players from 16 to 21 years old to the team. We have recently started attracting young players and will register and ice them at the earliest opportunitty. It is good that we have some older guys but our aim is to have the vast majority of the team under 21 years old.

I thaught that the Mustangs played an exellent game and showed maturity in not trying to hog dog it. thank you to all the officials who went out of there way to make us feel welcome on Sunday, and to some of the Mustangs fans who complimented our guys for not giving up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: