Streatham

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Streatham Reply with quote

On Streathams Forum they appear to have signed some useful players. Most of whom are comedy fighting men.
Craig Metcalf from Haringey
Richard Hardy from Bracknell Hornets
Tom Woelke ( Who appears to be an enforcer from Canada )

Also Pizzle and Andy Moffat.

Nobody outstanding though really ( Perry Exempt i guess ).

All these big guys mean it could give Paris the freedom he needs to skate about big willy style knowing he has these players to hide behind on the bench
grant_w
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and don't forget former Medway Madness player Barry Spours
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Streatham Reply with quote

Also Pizzle and Andy Moffat.
Nobody outstanding though really ( Perry Exempt i guess ).

I wouldn't under estimate Moffat, for ENL he will be outstanding. With the ZT rules in place a quality goalie is a must.
I can see Jordi being busy ensuring visiting teams know their place. Jusr hope he doesn't get chucked out too many times.
Having said that, we still have 'the people's champion' GB and Matt Drake who can also dance the tango. May be an interesting year...
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing is, Streatham were the first to complain about goons on other teams last season whereas the version from other teams was that the Streathams played like a bunch of sissies. These signings should, however make things different.

From what gets said about Steve Paris on their forum I'm surprised he's back. It seems he is almost as unpopular there as he is here.
Dave T
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry "mild mannered" Spours is not affraid to drop the gloves Wink I've seen that close up in some Madness games!
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw Spours get spanked by Rats at close range!! Nice guy off the ice though.

Paris is a wind-up, and if we got any sense, we'll get him slung out in the first minute each game - now that the penalty's have gone mad, that should be easy!
Lee
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kind of hard to get Paris thrown out though. He doesn't draw that many penalties and he won't drop the mitts as proven against us for the past 3 years. We try and wind him up but he seems to shrug it off and when he does lose it he hides behind the other players on the bench with his dummy and toys and shouts from a distance.

Rolling Eyes
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Streatham Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
Tom Woelke ( Who appears to be an enforcer from Canada )

He's from Canada, yet he doesn't exist in the annals of the Windsor Spitfires, and the team quoted in the press release does not give up much info either. A more accurate source said he was a Streatham Chief last season.

Streatham may not be a bunch of sissies anymore, but I can't see them scoring many goals, which was their main problem last season.
POLLARDS REDSKIN
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU LOT HAVE AN LAUGH - LET DO THE BAXTER RUN Laughing

YOU FORGET WAYNE & ROBERT - JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE SEASON BRING - GOOD LUCK !
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POLLARDS REDSKIN wrote:
YOU LOT HAVE AN LAUGH - LET DO THE BAXTER RUN Laughing

YOU FORGET WAYNE & ROBERT - JUST WAIT AND SEE WHAT THE SEASON BRING - GOOD LUCK !

Any chance of supplying subtitles with your messages? Confused
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or not SHOUTING at us?! Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
POLLARDS REDSKIN
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HA VERY FUNNY - THERE ME SAYING GOOD LUCK FOR THE SEASON !

AND YOU DON'T SAY THANKS ! Cool
Philf
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth about the Redskins is the same as many other teams in the league. They start the game at a very high tempo, which they are unable to keep up. They try to out physical invicta, and come off 2nd best.
At this point they take their eyes of the puck and lose any shape they had as a team. Its almost every man for himself. While this is going on Invicta pick off goals almost at will.

Last year at the high rd and again at the ice bowl the redskins lost their deciplin and therefore any hope of winning.
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems everyone is a season too late.
Streatham, Haringey, Milton Keynes and even us have beefed up this year and are ready for the more physical battles. What happens? ZT your not allowed to be physical this year - even good checks get called, ask Anthony!
So either the physical players put this type of play in their lockers and lose over 50% of their game or they do it any how and get called.
Hey ho, gives us something to rant about Laughing
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite being one of the first to wind them up I have only seen the Streathams play once (the 8-0 a couple of seasons ago). From what I was told their gameplan last year was to be organised defensively and try and catch Invicta on the break. I think Oxford tried a similar tactic. Trouble is that these days it is impossible to play a tough defensive game as most elements of contact are being eliminated from the game, for better or worse.

There has been the odd game over the last few seasons where it has come down to us winning a scoring race against our opponents, as opposed to dominating them with great defensive play. I think this season could end up with us having a lot more games like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: