Mos v Chelmsford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Mos v Chelmsford Reply with quote

Great game last night. Lots of talking points with the new ZT being enforced by the ref, debuts by Leone, Jordi, Scott and Giles and welcome returns by Jamie Smith and Hume.

I will start the ball rolling.
I thought we were slow to start, though not unsurprising as it was our first game of the season. Second period we were on fire and just got better as the game went on.

The young lads battled well even if they struggled against some quality opposition Brits.
Leone looked very good, fast, good hands and aggressive.
Jamie did ok. Paul Hume did extremely well and showed that he will cause defences lots of problems.
Jordi Black was awesome. Big, fast, great hands, fantastic shot, aggressive. Probably the best import we have had for a long while.

ZT was initially annoying with some very dubious calls - on both sides. I do think that it has gone too far, but I also think it will speed the game up. And with the likes of Andy Smith, Black, Hume, Leone, AJ etc we will cause lots of problems to other teams.
The most problems that it causes must be for the coaches. Three or four line hockey has really gone (until things calm down) as for most of the game we are either on a PP on shorthanded. Players like Drake, KLennon will struggle to get meaningful ice time.

Great start to the season though, well done all.
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought the game was an absolute belter! Very glad the new season is here... Got to remember that Chelmsford were without three imports and using their back up minder so not to get too carried away -- a deserved win, don't get me wrong but lets not think that we can step up to EPL and thats what it would be like every week

Jordy is certainly one of the best imports in a while - Donald and Mike both brought 100 points a year but when you have Andy, AJ, Carey,etc.. I think you need a more rounded guy - two way, big, agrgressive... Nice to see him taking the body too and not shying out of the challenge -- and what a slapshot!

THink the new ZT ruling is good - basics really, if the guy hasn't got the puck then you cannot impeded him, nothing new - and will make good D men look even better. Big Tony Lennon shone last night as all his checks are on the puck carrier and his marking of the other players is so close he doesn't need to hook/interfere/slash them.

Humey (Mr Wraparound!) and Jamie didn't get that much ice time, Drake/Rider/Fraser got even less so I don't think we have seen the best from them. Giles and Scott look to have fit in well too.

All in all, a good summer for recruiting and looking forward to entertaining the new boys from Swindon on Sunday.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
luke
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed last night. It was a cracker of a game, and to come back from 3 goals down against anyone (especially an EPL team, even if they are missing a few imports) is a very good thing.

Jordy Black was awesome. Not really any other way to describe it. I think towards the end of the game the Chelmsford defence were pretty scared of what he'd do next, because as the previous two posts have said, he's got pretty much everything.

Agree with Warren in that the new ZT rules will see genuinely good defenders stand out. Tony Lennon was a prime example of this as Warren said. How he managed to get called for Charging when he was practically standing still remains a bit of a mystery to me though. I thought Ryan Giles looked good during the game too.

Although they did look good in places, I thought Chelmsford were pretty poor. They're going to need these two Slovaks they've got coming over to be like Jordy, maybe better, if they're going to do anything this season. As was discussed after the game Marostega was very poor, and he seems a waste of an import slot. I also thought Craig Britton looked rather 'handicapped' by the new rules as well.

Looking forward to a good performance next week.
Philf
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Mos v Chelmsford Reply with quote

Yes what a good start, and I know it's early days but.....
We allways seemed to be 2nd when the puck was loose, even on our blue line. This put our back line under quite a lot of pressure.

What a player that Jordy Black. He will put the fear of God into most if not all the teams in the league. Can Jordy and Andy Smith play in the same line. They both play on the same ice and may well cause a problem in the future. Andy Smith played his best when Jordy was not on the Ice. I guess its a nice problem to have.

Although Jordy scored 4 and Andy ran Chelmsford ragged my men of the match were shaw and Korff, they both covered a lot of ice on Sunday. Without them we could of been on the end of a hammering.

Philf
rebanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that all the home fans enjoyed Sunday Night in Gillingham, and it was a great start to the regular season.
However the Mo's did make us wait. In the first period although we had chance after chance, the number of shots missed was incredible, and Cheltenham rightly punished us on the breaks.
What did Kevin say to the boys in the break because they were a different side from the second period onwards.

I liked the ZT rules and it will certainly speed up the game once the players get used to it, rather than just racking up the minors.
By the end of the third period I think all the players could really feel the crowds enthusiam, the atmosphere was fanastic. A great win, I think that the Mo's can get even better.

Come on the Mo's!
Lee
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sundays game was brilliant. Going 3-0 down was a bit of a downer but to come back like we did showed what a class act we are. Well done to all the players

Jordy Black is going to be a great asset this year. He looks amazing and can't wait to see him play again.

Bring on the Tractor Boys on Sunday
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: