This years team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clarky
Old Timer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg doesn't look that interested at on the ice just seems to stroll about and loose the puck easy ,I've seen him in recent years play elsewhere so I know what he is capable of, maybe he is carrying an injury, a man of his experience I wouldn't expect him to take this long to settle in, I hope he spring's into life soon as I can imagine he isn't cheap and as kev has done so well putting this team together for this season Greg seems to be the only stand out player with that lack of passion, surely as a coach you should be setting an example to others on how its it done,
on another note good to see mcnicholl on first line , every game he works his tats off,
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen all four home games. yet to see anything good that he has done.on current form not worth his place on the roster.would like to an import d man myself even kp in his interview last night said he was looking for an d man to add to the roster.it is in defence that we need to strengthen .on a plus note huska has been playing really well and notching up the points the complete opposite to greg chambers.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems, listening to Coach KP, that there are some personnel changes likely this week. Two Brits it seems. Will they be forwards ??

Would be good to get an up to date commentary from the Assistant Coach, on the Dynamos Kent Sports News audio, as it would be very interesting to hear what he has to say about the start to this season, nine games in, and where he feels the strengths and weaknesses might be in this team.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess there`s not likely to be an interview with the Assistant Coach now ......

Oh dear
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think KP did the right thing in snapping up Chambers when he became avai;able, and now he has done the right thing in releasing him as it's clearly not working.

Now he's gone, that opens up an import slot - and so the opportunity to sign an import D man presents itself again. KP says he's looking to bring a new dimension to the team - perhaps that's what he means.

An import who is already over here (so knows what to expect from the league) and who can play both F and D would be good - provided he's not injury prone.

In the meantime, former EIHL British-trained D man Paul Swindlehurst has just been released by Missouri Mavericks (ECHL) ....

(Just a few weeks ago he was trying out for Chicago Blackhawks, so I can't see him going from - almost - NHL to NIHL, unfortunately.)
Mos Fan
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like theres no new players for this weekend then? Unless I've missed something? Rolling Eyes
dartfordian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important few weeks coming up in the league; our fixtures being:

Solent, Cardiff, Oxford, Cardiff, MK, LonRaiders, Cardiff

We should surely be aiming to win five or six of these, to build up some momentum in the league before two crucial home games against Wightlink and Chelmsford in the run up to Christmas.
TheStudent
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke. A normal team signs 18-23 players if I'm not wrong. We had 13 players tonight. 2 are netminders. We had 11 players. Even mk thunder turn up away to games with more than us. No physio. So if players get injured there not getting support to get better. Seriously please sign a few extra people. Where's peter beerling and Richard smith? Baxteriss injured. On another note. Get strawson upfront. He needs to play as a forward.
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every week we are told in kp interview on sound cloud that mark lee is now available to play to give disco a break .but every week disco plays when we are told that he is not fully fit.also we still have not replaced chris cooke or grieg chambers.each week we are told to expect a new signing but nothing ever happens.if we are to challenge chelmsford and wightlink for trophys this season we need too ice more than 2 netminders and a 11 skaters.otherwise we will not win anything again this year.
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

? does anyone know if the import d man trained with the team this week.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStudent wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke. A normal team signs 18-23 players if I'm not wrong. We had 13 players tonight. 2 are netminders. We had 11 players. Even mk thunder turn up away to games with more than us. No physio. So if players get injured there not getting support to get better. Seriously please sign a few extra people. Where's peter beerling and Richard smith? Baxteriss injured. On another note. Get strawson upfront. He needs to play as a forward.

Oh look a new import, funny that. These things don't happen overnight, takes a lot of time and effort, especially getting someone from another country, would you leave the following day if you was offered a job abroad??

Getting any new players is a lengthy process, especially mid season.

That puts the roster up to 18, the boys from the Mustangs can only play up when they don't have a game themselves and then its limited to 3 games.

Baxter and Charlie are injured and Harry is away.

I'm sure KP is aware of the player shortage and is doing everything possible to rectify it.
TheStudent
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing players during the summer was hard enough according to kev in the interview. Its the fact of giving us hope of signings and then not delivering. Its still not right to turn up to a game with 11 players. I understand things don't change over night. But this hasn't been overnight. Since the beginning of the season we have been short on players. Even last season we were short on players. When a traveling Cardiff and thunder team have more players than us on the ice its a joke.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So with Baxter and Charlie getting injured last week, what would you suggest he does, outside of all the work over the past couple of weeks to sign the new import?
TheStudent
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a physio for a start to fix Charlie and baxters injuries. Hold a trials section for players considering there's 3 teams other than the dynamos. Mustangs have a fair good amount of talent. Medway and knights have some good enough players. Talk to any of the other players that have disappeared. I.e Adam copland. Peter beerling. A few extra people in. Slough folded and there are a decent amount of plauers that habe faded/not signed throughout the summer. 2 decent players and the rest can be prospects and call ups at the worst. The players are getting far too tired throughout the game. They therefore can't perform to there best. The new import is a good start.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStudent wrote:
Get a physio for a start to fix Charlie and baxters injuries. Hold a trials section for players considering there's 3 teams other than the dynamos. Mustangs have a fair good amount of talent. Medway and knights have some good enough players. Talk to any of the other players that have disappeared. I.e Adam copland. Peter beerling. A few extra people in. Slough folded and there are a decent amount of plauers that habe faded/not signed throughout the summer. 2 decent players and the rest can be prospects and call ups at the worst. The players are getting far too tired throughout the game. They therefore can't perform to there best. The new import is a good start.

I'm aware of the Madness and the Knights, and although they are all a great bunch of guys and some of them are decent rec players, the difference between rec and NIHL 1 is massive, there is only one who could possibly fill a position (and previously did) and he's the Dynamos general manager and to be fair to him, he is probably too old now anyway lol.

With the exception of one Mustangs player (who cannot commit because of work), all the ones that could play up, already are.

Slough haven't folded and they will be in our league next season when they win NIHL 2 (at a canter)

Physio's don't fix broken bones or torn ligaments, they help with rehap and post surgery treatment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: