This years team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on performances so far, it looks very likely that Slough will be promoted for next season.

But the point was really that last season they had an EPL team and an NIHL D2 team, and this season they have only the one team.

Whether there are any players from those two teams who are available, suitable, or interested in playing for the Mos is another matter.

Kaminskas would have been a possibility (although he's injury prone), but now we have Liimatainen who looks a better choice. I hope he doesn't get poached by an EPL team - or even an EIHL team.
dynofan
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Get Bomber Reply with quote

Think we should start a get bomber campaign, even based on past injuries, Kaminskas is awesome when fit and he would also have familiar faces around him at Dynamos
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have Huska and Liimatainen.

We can only ice two imports in a game - why would we need Kaminskas at this point?
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rats wrote:
TheStudent wrote:
Get a physio for a start to fix Charlie and baxters injuries. Hold a trials section for players considering there's 3 teams other than the dynamos. Mustangs have a fair good amount of talent. Medway and knights have some good enough players. Talk to any of the other players that have disappeared. I.e Adam copland. Peter beerling. A few extra people in. Slough folded and there are a decent amount of plauers that habe faded/not signed throughout the summer. 2 decent players and the rest can be prospects and call ups at the worst. The players are getting far too tired throughout the game. They therefore can't perform to there best. The new import is a good start.

I'm aware of the Madness and the Knights, and although they are all a great bunch of guys and some of them are decent rec players, the difference between rec and NIHL 1 is massive, there is only one who could possibly fill a position (and previously did) and he's the Dynamos general manager and to be fair to him, he is probably too old now anyway lol.

With the exception of one Mustangs player (who cannot commit because of work), all the ones that could play up, already are.

Slough haven't folded and they will be in our league next season when they win NIHL 2 (at a canter)

Physio's don't fix broken bones or torn ligaments, they help with rehap and post surgery treatment.

My bad, add Lloydy to the list of who could possibly play
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really really good to see an import D on the roster,and one with such a fine pedigree too !

IMHO this will make a huge difference to the Dynamos and I firmly believe that they have just laid a trail to some silverware.
hutcheim
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit confused by the netminding situation currently. Lee played half the game last night and was looking good but was then replaced by Disco at I guess a previously agreed half way point. That is fine, but I was thinking that Lee was here to give Disco a break to recover fully, so why was Lee pulled last night when we were winning reasonably comfortably?
Has Lee been signed for the whole season or just to cover whilst Disco recuperates, and if the latter Disco is not going to get much rest whilst icing for half a game. Listening to KP last night seems we are running with all 3 netties going forwards. Confused but happily so as we now have good coverage in that area for any injuries, which has been lacking of late and last year, no disrespect to (Jackson/Nightingale) but Lee looks a lot better.

I used to be undecided, but now i'm not so sure.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee is a quality netminder and having a top goalie duo is key to winning cups. Balancing ice time is an issue for the coach but it`s a good "problem" to have. The recruitment of Lee and the new import D will play a big part in changing the dynamic of Invicta. Defense wins games - with these recent additions Invicta`s D corps just got massively better....
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really liked the look of Lee. Reminds me a little of Joe White, very little unnecessary movement in the crease, makes each save look effortless and is compact in his movement.

Disco is superb to watch when he is on his game. Flip-flopping round the crease, making the theatrical saves etc etc. He hasn't looked himself this year though and hopefully he can rest up and give us the best goalie tandem in the league!

It's a little bizarre that there hasn't been any sort of welcome press release for Mark Lee. He is a marquee signing and it would be good for KP to outline what the plan is moving forward.
MrBiccies
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Joonas (who hasn't played for the Dynamos yet) appears on the website 2014/15 player roster, but Mark Lee doesn't?
PEAB
Old Timer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrBiccies wrote:
I see Joonas (who hasn't played for the Dynamos yet) appears on the website 2014/15 player roster, but Mark Lee doesn't?

Don't know what you're talking about... Twisted Evil

In my defence I had it ready to go weeks ago and then the delay meant I forget to hit the publish button.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/invictadynamoshockey
Twitter: www.twitter.com/InvictaDynamos
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the same applies to the historical results - I can't find anything before April 2014.

It would be a pity if we lost all that historical info, but we used to have everything from the frist game in 1997 right up to April 2011 (I think - IIRC the 2011-12 and 2102-13 seasons never appeared in the list).

At least we have the All Time Stats back! Laughing
PEAB
Old Timer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you keep requesting these and my understanding is that it's all still present somewhere in the background. Hopefully we'll be able to move that towards the front end where you can see it in time but the reality is that isn't an easy task.

In September we changed website again and to yet another new platform. That means it's not simply a case of pressing a button and having all the data switch over. Unfortunately then, given the complexity, it falls way down the list of priorities given that there's match reports, press releases, sponsorship bits, social media, video highlights etc that need doing on a weekly/daily basis.

It is on the to do list I promise you but not something I can guarantee in any sort of close time frame.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/invictadynamoshockey
Twitter: www.twitter.com/InvictaDynamos
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK thanks Paul.

I haven't forgotten that the site depends to an extent on goodwill, and also that my contribution to the Dynamos' coffers these days is zero.

When the stats became invisible we lost access to them for 2 years, but we knew that Bazza keps the records and that he would respond to any reasonable request.

As far as the archived results are concerned, I don't know who maintains the list and my main concern is that the information isn't lost forever.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two quality signings this week, any chance of "the student" making a positive comment????
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rats wrote:
Two quality signings this week, any chance of "the student" making a positive comment????

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: