IS ANYBODY THERE ????????????????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: IS ANYBODY THERE ???????????????? Reply with quote

Just wondering and, probably, just talking to myself - 1st sign of madness - yes i know. Who said that, me .... yep..........
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here, Don.

Not sure if anybody else is, though.

Hope your part of The North was unaffected by the recent rains of Biblical proportions.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT wrote:
I'm still here, Don.

Not sure if anybody else is, though.

Hope your part of The North was unaffected by the recent rains of Biblical proportions.

Hiya Mike - good to know that there are still some posters left !!!

Not too bad in my area (Preston) thanks Mike.

I went to watch Blackburn Hawks play (home to) Whitley Warriors last weekend so i`m keeping some live hockey action on the agenda in between visits to watch Invicta at the Ice Bowl. Large crowd in attendance, well over 1000, and a close game. Whitley now have David Longstaff and Andre Payette playing for them. Blackburn has Richard Bentham (Ex-Dynamo) in their team. Bentham is playing really good hockey. It was the first time i had seen Payette and i was not at all impressed by him. He was non-stop looking for a fight, finally getting one, but was , IMO, a very poor quality D man. Hawks won 5-4.

Would be great to see a North v South play-off game at the end of the season. Blackburn are probable champions up here. Their ice is bigger than Gillingham. The parity in the north league isn`t as high as in the south. I feel Chelmo would probably beat Blackburn (i`ve now seen Blackburn 5 or 6 times).

Anyway, great to hear from you Mike, have a happy Christmas.

And if there`s anybody else out there - Happy Christmas to you too.
broomwagon
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Don C & Mike T,

A very interesting string. I was never prolific with my posts, but will try to make it a NewYear’s resolution to use the facility more

We have to recognise that the decline of posting is probably owing to the seemingly unstoppable rise of Twitter/Facebook and YouTube (soon to merge as ‘’Youtwitface’’…) as these are all an instantaneous and easily accessible means by which to make instant comments. That fact can be easily verified by observing the fans queueing to gain entry on Match Nights all tapping away at their mobiles. Erudite essays containing clinical
post-mortems on any particular match or subject don’t fit the modern day concept brought to us by today’s mass communications.

It should also be borne in mind that the posting facility is subject to scrutiny (unlike the above ) so it may be that any criticism (not that there ever any reason to be critical, is there …….?) might run the risk of being regulated.
Anyone wanting a ‘’warts and all’’ analysis will probably check out the Hockey Forum.

Wishing you both a Merry Christmas – we’ve already had an early prezzie in Callum Fowler’s return – is there a surprise package of Andy Smith laying, as yet, undiscovered under the Christmas tree, as well ?

Mrs Broomwagon and I are planning to watch Manchester Phoenix over
Christmas.....

Rgds
Broomwagon
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing you a Merry Christmas too Broomwagon.

Agree with all your points about the media issues - I`m just a bit old fashioned and enjoy an opportunity to share thoughts in more than a couple of sentences. "Youtwitface" haha love that !

Enjoy the game involving Manchester Phoenix, there seems to be a fair bit of uncertainty around the future direction of that organization. I am only around an hour`s drive from Altrincham so would probably go to a game there -if/when they return. Dont fancy the journey to Deeside as much !

Yep, brilliant news about Callum Fowler, he is quality and would grace any team in NIHL. As you say, wouldn`t be surprised to see Andy back either ! Add this pair to the good F and D import, the very promising young guys and a solid bench - who knows how far the Dynamos can progress this season.
grant_w
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackburn is a superb rink, I've been there to see Dynamos, and also to skate on it and see another Blackburn game whilst up there visiting. Would love the chance to go up there again
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The return match Whitley-Blackburn ended 4-4 on Sunday, I think, so it sounds like they're two evenly matched sides.

Broomwagon, I presume you and Mrs B are visiting Miss B in Manchester. You have a choice of EPL (Phoenix, in Deeside) or Elite (Storm, in Altrincham).
Phoenix are in severe danger of going bust, and there are rumours on THF about serious financial mismanagement (including unpaid ice bills, perhaps), so I'd check carefully before travelling in case they've expired before you get there!

As far as the Mos are concerned, Fowler might be just the thing they need. Having said that, I am pleasantly surprised to see how well they have done without Fowler and A Smith so far.

Anyway: Don, Mr B (and Mrs B), Grant - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas to you too Mike, also to broomwagon and grant - and any other Mos fans who still give this medium a look-in from time to time.

Grant - yes, Blackburn is a really good place to watch hockey. Mind you it`s a particularly cold building for fans, though not, IMO, as bad as Chelmo !

The game at Whitley v Blackburn last weekend was watched by another huge crowd - the Hawks & Warriors fans say between 1500 and 2000 ! Game 4 in the 4 game "series" is in just a couple of weeks time at Blackburn and i shall be going to that one ! Interestingly, a few Mos fans have mentioned the subject of protecting the finesse players on twitter - or "youtwitface" or whatever it`s called. Blackburn recently recruited a tough guy so that messrs Payette and co wouldn`t have it all their own way in that particular dept and would be less intimidating. Having said that i`d say that Blackburn is a pretty physical team itself.

Agree with Mike about checking the Phoenix fixture before starting your journey. All sorts going on there it seems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: