Isle of Wight - 17-01-2016

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broomwagon
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:06 pm    Post subject: Isle of Wight - 17-01-2016 Reply with quote

Ok, so tonight’s game against IoW was a game comprising three teams: Iow, The Mos and the Refs.

The 4-4 draw was probably the best result we could have achieved with Solovjovs (ref) , Stephenson and S.Cunningham as linos in charge of this match.
I appreciate that being an official is a difficult position, but officials could help their case by actually observing ALL that goes on, both on and off the puck. More than once in the first two periods there were incidents off the puck that should have been called but weren’t. Perhaps, with the benefit of hindsight, these can be overlooked. What cannot be overlooked or forgiven, however, were the three egregiously deliberate tripping incidents performed by IoW right under the noses of the officials, all of which went unpunished. These are supposed to be professional officials but frankly if I turned in such a shoddy performance in my line of business, I’d be facing the sack.

It seems to me that some of the officials that officiate at Gillingham have to be confronted with a situation so bad that they have no option but to act, such as Larter’s unprovoked attack on Callum Fowler, which led to his being thrown out, and Strawson getting 2+2 for roughing + 10 mis-conduct for 3rd man in (justifiably protecting Fowler who was on the floor being pounded by Larter.)

The Raiders always play a physical game, but tonight I thought their tactics crossed the line and smacked of desperation.

Anyway, a three-point weekend is still welcome, but in the long run it’s not about the points you gain that matter but the points that are lost.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broomwagon i wasn`t at the game so cannot comment in any detail. However, having seen loads of previous games between these two sides it is no surprise that IOW implemented a physical game plan against the Mos. It usually works for them, especially when Callum is icing for the Mos. They purposely target him and it seems to work in that it often gets the Mos team off their game.

I notice that Cornish had a pretty penalty free game. Maybe smart play by him, knowing that he gets a lot of "monitoring" by the officials and leaving other Raiders to get the job done around Callum.

The Mos are not a very physical team this year. Cornish is an effective coach and will use various degrees of physical play as appropriate. As far as i`m concerned there is deffo something to be said for an "even" physical approach to these games. That is, having your own physical presence to cancel out or help prevent excess roughness by the opposition. If Invicta had someone like Webster from London Raiders on the roster other teams would not be so inclined to hack and whack away at your start player/s.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the roster set Don ? Well i`m not sure, what do you think Don ? Maybe, remember there are some players injured currently. Chelmo will be a tough game Don, dya think the Mos could get a result? Yep, i think so Don, there does seem to be good team spirit on the Mos bench. See yer Don, yep, see you Don.........
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-4 last night: not unusual on the IoW so nothing to worry about.
Chelmo tonight: never an easy place to get a result. The big advantage is that as a travelling fan in the away fans ghetto you only get to see about a third of our frequently abysmal performances there. Other than that, I agree with Don, but I'm not so sure about what Don says. What do you think, MikeT?

Well, MikeT, your voice is muffled. I think if you would stand up I'd be able to hear what you're saying. Anyway, we're at home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: