And the new Import is.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:17 pm    Post subject: And the new Import is..... Reply with quote

Not announced yet.

But would it be good if he was Canadian trained or European trained?

As the new chap will be a forward, a bustling, fast, Canadian sniper would be just right, wouldn`t he ?

Long summer innit.....
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh hello Don, Yep, think it should be a forward - power forward is always a popular addition, especially with the crowd !

News from the North..... is that the Blackburn Hawks may be about to lose their domination of the NIHLN1. Good news for the fans, and, of course players, is that the northern NIHL is evening out in terms of quality. Telford will be strong this season as will Billingham and Solway. Still quite physical up here - Owen Bennett just signed for Telford NIHL and Whitley Warriors are certainly a feisty lot.

Still hoping for the day that the North v South end of season play-offs return.

Nice to talk Don,

Yes, good to talk Don

See yer......................
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we will only have one import this year .for as far as im aware i have heard no news off a new main sponser.so maybe we do not have the budget for a second import this year.if we were going to get a second import i think it would have been made public by now?
bab
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also we still have not got a back up netminder
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Bab, nice to know i`m not the only person on the island !

Don`t worry, there will deffo be another import and he will almost certainly be a forward. There could be lots of reasons why the new chap has either not been announced yet or, even, not signed yet. I am positive it will happen though.

I cannot see the club starting the season without a back-up nettie either. Have faith, Go Mo`s .......
The Neil Spratling Fan Cl
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also guys.. Where have James Ayling, Ross Brears and Craig Tribe disappeared to ? Would be nice to have those guys on board !!!!

Any ideas Don C ?
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNSFC, I`ve no idea where those guys are headed, if anywhere, but i`m sure we`d all be pleased if one or more of them ended up in a Mos jersey !

Wondering whether the decrease in South and North NIHL1 to nine teams might see some competition between north and south clubs - whether that be end of season play-offs or a national league cup. Hope so.

Three of us on the island now - excellent !!!!
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still here too! Lol. I also check-in each day looking for player news. The Brits mentioned would be a welcome addition. Very Happy
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daz,

We`re almost a community now ! Nice to see that other people are still about,

Anyone seen Mike ...........
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, most seem to vacate to THF and Twatter. Think that was because this forum became the last place to receive updated news from the club. Strange when not so long ago this was probably the most used forum of all the clubs in the uk, and the best one too. Haven't seen Mike, may have to send him a PM to wake him up. Question Laughing
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a message in a bottle and it said " go see the mos forum because it's buzzing".... and wow there are messages on it!

Assuming there is an import fwd then I think the squad is strong.
Three lines of D, with size and experience and youth and speed. Plus some aggression in there too!

There is close to 4 lines of fwds, which is bordering on too many imo. So it adds competition for places on the top 3 lines. So we should see some fast paced hockey with plenty of skill and hopefully more hitting than we had last season. For me that was an issue, there was probably only one player who hit at every opportunity and he was ouf injured for a while. This season there should be more.

With Cardiff gone, the league looks strong with 6 teams who can beat anyone and 3 sides who will beat you if you're not up for the battle. So every game should be good.
I expect Chelmo are still favourites, but they won't walk it like last year. They have called up several youngsters from their U18s and make no mistake, and just look at the junior stats, our youngsters are just as good if not better.

Really looking forward to the season. It's gonna be good.
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is better, when i exited the bunker i was sure there`d be no-one else around..........

Thing is, twitter maybe faster but there`s only so much stuff you can write, i think a forum is still a better medium for longer discussions etc etc.

Nominations, not including the Mos, for improved and much stronger this season are......

Streatham , that Scarborough chap is a bit nifty, and

Oxford, who look very solid.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE.......... Please come and say hello !!!!
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still here - thank you Daz for nudging me awake!

As far as I can tell (I'm out of touch with the Mos, really), the squad looks pretty good.

Most of them are known quantities, as I think it's only Webster and Ralph who are new.

In Webster, we have the extra grit that people have been asking for. I hope he gets the chance to use it wisely, but also use his hockey skills.

The D looks to be pretty solid, but it remains to be seen how well Ralph will settle in.

I think at present we have 10F, 6D and 1 NM, with no announcements having been made in the last four weeks.

Either we're two forwards short of a balanced squad or we have 1F too many. I hope it's the former, and we get a goal machine (import or Brit) as one of the two. That would give us 12F - we don't have a great record of rotating 4 lines, though.

The lack of a second NM is a concern. Netminding seems to be a perennial problem for the Mos, so I hope that KP comes up with someone who is suitable, ideally a capable youngster who can back up D King but also challenge him, and who is interested in hanging around for a few seasons. I read a rumour that it might be Moffatt. If so, it'll be a reasonable short-term fix (subject to fitness), but not an investment for the future, obviously.

Anyway, I can't remember there ever being a season when the jigsaw had all its pieces revealed until the last minute so I expect there are a couple of announcements to come.

Can I go back to sleep now?? Laughing
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike T your are still alive and kicking too, my God this forum could start beating again.

I would expect an import fwd to come on yet, so we have 11 fwds. There is usually 1 or 2 that can't make a game for whatever reason, so I think we should have 3 very competitive forward lines. If used that will help with fitness in the 3rd and could make the difference between winning and losing.
The same can be said of the D. 3 good lines.

As for the backup nettie, it's an awkward one as King is outstanding so we will wany to use him on the difficult games. And looking at the league there doesn't seem too many easy ones! So the backup haz to be prepared to watch the vast majority of games.... or hide Kings kit.. Laughing
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't we try hiding the goalies kit last year - road game at MKT??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: