Les Millie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MG Hockey
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Les Millie Reply with quote

Interesting signing:
Sheffield Today wrote:
LES Millie -one of the best known players in Sheffield's ice hockey history - has sensationally quit Scimitars for English Premier League rivals Isle of Wight.
His departure has angered coach Neil Abel, who claimed he found out only through a third party.

Millie, who played alongside fellow-Scot Abel at Fife in the late 1980s and then at Steelers in the early 1990s, is the new coach at Isle of Wight Raiders.

The southern club will formally announce his appointment on Thursday.

Abel said: “I heard a rumour that Les was off, but he says that sort of thing every year, so I ignored it.

“Then I heard it confirmed - but not from his lips. I was surprised. After five years or so at Scimitars, I thought he had more respect than that for me. He didn’t tell me - but I congratulated him on it, anyway. I am already working on a replacement, he will not leave a hole behind him.”

Abel is thought to be on the trail of Bracknell’s former Newcastle Vipers forward, Stephen Wallace.

The contentious Millie issue was put to one side last night as Scimitars held their end-of-season awards. Top award, players’ player, went to Finnish goaltender Pasi Raitanen. He is 36 next month - but is still considering offers from four other clubs for next season.

Canadian import Mark Stewart, who scored the most points, will be ditched next season. Ex-Steelers winger Steve Roberts will also not be asked back.

There is even a rumor of Dennis Maxwell going to the IOW Raiders as well.
Fans Pool 2015/16 NOW OPEN
Do you know what you are talking about!!
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Dennis Maxwell came back, they would definitely be worth watching
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, where's there injection of cash come from??

Maybe Millie could get hijacked as he passes over the Q.E.2. Bridge? Laughing
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this quashes any possible chance of the IOW playing ENL next year. Shame as they are suited more to ENL than EPL. Millie is a very good capture and I assume he will be doing some sort of coaching role as well as he is coming to that time in his career!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: