hockey fix
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wraparound
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy im not saying your a wimp im saying if you dont play the game with all the rules you wont get the all the benefits of a great sport!
thats all im saying coz i cba tbh Very Happy
Mos Fan
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My opinion is that I think NON CHECKING is a lot harder to play than CHECKING is. Anyone who plays hockey would agree (well you should do anyway), but I do think CHECKING is a much better game as I have now experienced both types.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah wraparound, leave the Madness around, they havnt been playing that long, I'm sure their coach will teach them the physical game once the fundamentals are established.

P.S. on a seperate subject, Do they have coaching levels in Mexico?
Whirly
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO!!! NON-CONTACT What the hell are you guys on about hockey is and always has been a full contact sport!!!
The only people that play NON-CONTACT are people that can't skate properly.
A roster of 40 has a market for some sort of game but its not hockey warren,These opinions on here are why hockey just isn't hockey anymore.

howie19
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh. My. Good. God. Is this "debate" still twittering on... Rolling Eyes ...

Whirly, you made a very good point at the end of your tirade... yes, the Madness has a roster of 40... and all those 40 volunteer and are happy (that being the main point) with the fact the Madness play non-checking hockey. It's not non-contact. Whilst, you may not understand the subtle difference, there is one. (I'll draw you a picture if you want. Wink )

As has been said by many before (Adminstrator, please lock this thread or I may be forced to top myself)... if you don't like non-checking hockey, then it's really quite simple. Don't come and watch us. Trust me, we won't be bothered by your non-attendance, we have plenty of other people to cheer us on.

Personal opinion Whirly, nothing more, nothing less. And it's hardly degrading hockey in Medway, as our 40 players contribute quite significantly... through watching the Dynamo's and/or playing Rec. Rolling Eyes
Doug
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!!!!
Whirly - why dont you come out one Sunday night with Madness for a bit of non checking, or can't you skate properly.

Please finish this cr@p now as there must be more important hockey stories to talk about.
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Whirly and Wraparound should go out one Sunday for a skating "lesson"...... just like back in '85/'86 !! Laughing

Grant, we'd love to get that on - for old time sake - but it would be difficult to get some of them out of Jail or Rehab for the day!! Laughing A few of us are still knocking around though, and some even ponder the forum! I know that Kinny, Brett, Sam, Scott, Grubes, Pete, Mark T, Rob T, Paul Marsh, James Lakey, Kev Lakey, Jamie Randall, Greg Randall, Jamie Smith, Darren Eddie, Gary Dodds, oh, and Me - are still on the outside (God only knows how!!) Cool
Whirly
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Doug my friend you really wouldn't want me to come out to play with you on a sunday night, as i might show myself up LOL....
Maybe your right i might not be able to skate properly , or maybe i can!!
Howie i know every difference there is to know about hockey and the KEY thing i know is...

NON-Checking/Contact just isn't ice hockey any real hockey player will tell you that.....

Hockey is a
Fast paced ,big hitting,Great Goal Tending tough skilled game ,Now the game can be won by a piece of magic a fluke,slap shot,nice wrister.quick snap shot, a screen,a tip in or a big hit or being a team with great stamina and good skating skills......

That's what i think of when i think of going to watch a great game or maybe i have played in a few games like that over the years,

And on that note that's what i thought hockey was NOT NON-Checking/NON-Contact.....

grant_w
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could get a great ENL team out of that lot Daz (apart from the U25s thing)
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whirly - The one big thing you miss is that most of the guys posting on here, and playing for the Madness, have been playing about 2-3 years tops. Most players wouldn't be massively great skaters after that short period of time. Thats why we play non-checking, thats why as soon as people start getting better they migrate to the Knights.

We all know and understand that hockey involves big hits, most of us guys are the ones moaning there isn't enough in ENL, but that doesn't mean we can play to the same standards (and in some cases, given work committments) don't want to.

We're non-checking, Knights are checking (although play a lot of non-checking due to opposition).

You find your level and play to it.
Whirly
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant that was a great team that daz has put up there's a bit of everything in there Very Happy
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of good healthy discussion going on, maybe they should start a league for over 25's, with no ZT rubbish???????????????

Regarding the physical side of goalies, I think Emery would disagree at the moment, I cant believe the battering he got in every game of the finals, and he can proper have it as well?

I think the finas showed what a difference checking can make a game, Ottawa are a fairly physical team, but the ducks battered them, giving them the edge. How the Ottawa captain never got penalised for that shot I will never know.

laters
Dave T
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys - This seems to be dissolving into a bit of a Checking Hockey is Proper Hockey and Non Checking is not. Both sides have an opinion and to be honest neither side is right or wrong, it's whatever either team think is right for them at the end of the day. Please letís just respect that rather than trying to demean the other camp.

I don't want to get all moderator over this but I think the discussion could go on and on without any changes. With this in mind I'm closing the thread. There are a couple of things in this thread that would make worthy new topics. Please feel free to start up new threads on these.

If your not happy that I've closed this thread I apologise

Purchase Dynamos, Mustangs & Juniors Photo's online at - icyphotography.co.uk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: