Invicta 9 - 2 Swindon
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Invicta 9 - 2 Swindon Reply with quote

Great game tonight, I was expecting the score to be slightly closer but it was good to watch all the same. Well done to Jordy Black, 4 goals in 1 night for the second week in a row - impressive! Does anyone know why Tanner wasn't there?
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penalty minutes : 130-96.

Apart from some handbags in the game (can hardly call them fights as there were no punches thrown!) this was a pretty tame game, yet looking at the PIM count you would think there had been an all in!

Christ knows what the numbers will be if actually do have some grief!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warren wrote:
Penalty minutes : 130-96.

Apart from some handbags in the game (can hardly call them fights as there were no punches thrown!) this was a pretty tame game, yet looking at the PIM count you would think there had been an all in!

Christ knows what the numbers will be if actually do have some grief!

I agree, what I saw of the game there were a few disgraceful acts where the players actually bumped into each other (and sometimes they didn't even apologise!). This deserved a game penalty, they should say sorry.
If they ever get to removing gloves we will have to call in NATO!

Even the 10's and 12's get game penalties if they so much as touch an opponent above the waist with their stick. The world has gone mad!
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crackers wrote:
I agree, what I saw of the game there were a few disgraceful acts where the players actually bumped into each other (and sometimes they didn't even apologise!). This deserved a game penalty, they should say sorry.

Have we re-signed Carl Greenhous? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
POLLARDS REDSKIN
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might know why Tanner was not there - waiting and see Laughing Laughing
Johnny Canada

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of disgraceful acts I thought that sending your team out to fight with a minute left just because you are losing is a disgrace and sending them out to fight while our 4th line full of kids is out there is even more disgraceful well done to Peter Korff for intervening and the Swindon coach and players should be ashamed of themselves.
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading between the lines dangerously...

Tanner to Streatham, Simon Smith to Invicta? Fair trade to me
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Simon Smith joined, with Andy, AJ and Jamie we could have a PK line consisting just of Smiths!!
luke
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

POLLARDS REDSKIN wrote:
I might know why Tanner was not there - waiting and see Laughing Laughing

I also know why he wasn't there as I asked someone from our management- you could be waiting quite a while Laughing !
POLLARDS REDSKIN
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHO NEEDS TANNER - WHEN WE GOT JOHNNY !!!!! Laughing
POLLARDS REDSKIN
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOW ANDY SMITH PLAYING SO FAR THIS SEASON ?
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny Canada wrote:
Talking of disgraceful acts I thought that sending your team out to fight with a minute left just because you are losing is a disgrace and sending them out to fight while our 4th line full of kids is out there is even more disgraceful well done to Peter Korff for intervening and the Swindon coach and players should be ashamed of themselves.

Hey JC you need to learn the art of irony - its obviously missing west of the Atlantic!
Even if I was from Swindon, I would think the comment about sending the boys out to fight is a little harsh, the under 10's are more physical than that!!
Lee
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that game and match penalties arn't going to be dished out everytime there is a slight scuffle in a game which was all the so called fights were on Sunday. It would ruin the sport over here if we take the physical side out of it.
Although we don't really want to see fights every game ( Lets be honest we could go to any nightclub on a Saturday night and see those ) it is part and parcel of the hockey game. If players fear they are going to be thrown out if they drop the gloves it could spell and end to that part of the game in this country. What next??? No hitting or contact at all?????

I still think we should have NHL rules for fights. 5 Mins each and get on with it. 3 Fights and your out. I can't see why the whole team should be punished either by having to play 5 mins shorthanded when the fighting player is ejected. It has nothing to do with any of the other players if he wants to dance.
Crackers
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I still think we should have NHL rules for fights. 5 Mins each and get on with it. 3 Fights and your out. I can't see why the whole team should be punished either by having to play 5 mins shorthanded when the fighting player is ejected. It has nothing to do with any of the other players if he wants to dance.'

Hi Lee, agree to some extent. People love the physical side and if that goes probably more than half the fans go with it. Fighting though can be a deliberate ploy by the coach to change the game. The insitgating team therefore should be punished and a 5 minute major is fine. For the player sinned against though it is extremely harsh.
The officials need to get this right. At the moment the opposition could send out someone to smack Jordi Black, who by just protecting himself will be out of the game.
Maybe I am a little cynical, but if I coached an opposing team that felt they stood a chance I would do exactly that. Just to even things up.
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee wrote:
If players fear they are going to be thrown out if they drop the gloves it could spell and end to that part of the game in this country. What next??? No hitting or contact at all?????

Either that or if players feel they are going to get a penalty no matter what then they might start hitting worse... If you know you are going to get a game or match penalty for not throwing punches then you might as well start swinging away... I can see players getting frustrated with lack of ice time and others frustrated at harsh calls.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Mo's Matters All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: