MEDWAY MADNESS 5 RAF BLUEWINGS 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: MEDWAY MADNESS 5 RAF BLUEWINGS 4 Reply with quote

On Saturday night I saw what was easily the best game played at the Ice Bowl in recent weeks. Two evenly matched teams, good, fast end to end hockey, and not (quite) so silly goal celebrations. Was this Invicta Knights? Certainly not. It was Medway Madness v. RAF Bluewings. Who said Non-checking hockey was boring?!! This game was definitely not boring. Just a shame that it was played at Midnight, therefore not many people were there to see it.
Well done lads, keep it up.
I look forward to a 'Madness' summer.
Without doubt, the only rec. team to watch.
wraparound
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ddcdj
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD
Quote:
Without doubt, the only rec. team to watch.

I dont doubt it was a good game and I will be coming to watch the Game next Saturday

However both the Management of the Knights and Madness have worked hard together to support one and another clubs

So hopefully all your comments are tongue in cheek or you just destroy all that hard work Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope tongue in cheek, there will always be banter between Knights and Madness and I think we are all pretty sure who the better team is (scores wise)...

PS I'm looking forward to a long old summer of hockey too so if you're bored on a Sunday at about 5.30 rock up to the Ice Bowl and see if non-checking hockey really is that boring...
Whirly
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: hehe Reply with quote

ROFLMFAO Bet it was a thrill a min Very Happy Shocked
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD, you wouldnt be a madness player by any chance???
As DC said earlier a lot of effort has been made by both the knights and the madness to try and support each other, obviously your comments are trying to undo this good work.
You must have missed our last two home games against peterborough and the british army, two fantastic games. But hey if you missed that we start training again around september time, feel free to come up and identify yourself to us, and you can have a training session gratis.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOD, I forgot to say that I expect the madness game was entertaining, I have always enjoyed their games, plus they were missing their coach and top scorer, who I believe was playing for Solent in a tournement the madness should have played in.
MOD

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to spoil any good work done by anybody.
I only stated that that game was the best I've seen in recent weeks.
Very entertaining for non-checking hockey.
RELAX Very Happy
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warren wrote:
... so if you're bored on a Sunday at about 5.30 rock up to the Ice Bowl and see if non-checking hockey really is that boring...

Warren, if i come up to the Ice Bowl this coming Sunday at about 5:30 will I really see some hockey ?

Your website says I'll see a meeting, but it doesn't explain whether it's a checking or non-checking meeting! Although, as it's a Madness meeting I'll assume non-checking. Wink

Seriously, keep us all updated about any fixtures at times that aren't only suited to the Transylvanian nobility.
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it MOD wasn't at the Knights V Army game the other week then. From an entertainment point of view, that was one of the better games seen at the bowl all season, at all levels!

The result looks very good for the Madness, and I honestly hope they get some more like it. Was Coach Wood playing?? No - he was guesting for Solent at the Rec Tournament in Sheffield!!! Hmmmm double whammy there me thinks!

Oooh, is this thread about to be locked??? Laughing
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this the same tournement with a rec team icing league players from last season? I only ask as we asked the question about 3 months ago whether a league player could play once the elague season had finished, by the way we were told NO..........................things that make you go Hmmmmmm
mondo965

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normaly agree with everything both Rats and Daz say regarding juniors(old heads) i guess with lots to offer which is invaluable.
Regarding Madness maybe being independant pays dividends, Madness in my view are run very well and always a joy to watch albeit being non contact! That doesn't really bother me as it's meant to be a fun set up which can lead to the more serious Knights set up.
At the end of the day Madness and Knights play at the level they intended to and you can't grumble with that.
ps, as i know MOD in sure those comments were not intended to insult the Knights in any way but simply a matter of choice of spectating.
Both are good at what they do and long may they continue.
Dave T
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT wrote:

Warren, if i come up to the Ice Bowl this coming Sunday at about 5:30 will I really see some hockey ?

Your website says I'll see a meeting, but it doesn't explain whether it's a checking or non-checking meeting! Although, as it's a Madness meeting I'll assume non-checking. Wink

Seriously, keep us all updated about any fixtures at times that aren't only suited to the Transylvanian nobility.

Mike,

The meeting has been moved, generally speaking the meetings do remain non-checking Laughing

This Saturday is a late shift against the Royal Logistics Corp (Face Off 23.30) at the Ice Bowl. We're then in their barn on Sunday. Our first early game is on the 22nd July agaisnt Newcastle Coyotes (5.30pm face off). Everyone is welcome to come along and watch. All fixtures can be found on the Madness site Here

Purchase Dynamos, Mustangs & Juniors Photo's online at - icyphotography.co.uk
yogi
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was good game wot i saw of it, as the madness know, i WAS there!!!
reffing was lax which lead to the shouts of "muppet" from a particular young woman in the crowd, lol,

highlight of the game, for me, sarah harris on her face
jokes

was very entertaining well done lads
Kent knights #6
Whirly
Bench Warmer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Knights players Reply with quote

Right i had enough Knights i am signing next season!!!

Love

Mark thomas Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: