ENIHL North Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luke
Squad Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: ENIHL North Thread Reply with quote

Seeing as there are at least four people who frequent the Dynamos' forum and watch the ENL North, I thought I'd start a thread!

Seems like Newcastle arte looking the team to beat so far, and it'll be interesting to see how good they are when they play the Lions away & home in a few weeks time. The other thing I've heard about the Vipers is that they've only got three or so games left with all their Elite league players, as subsiquent matches will clash. Could be very interesting to see how their results change- just look at what happened at Grimsby! Whitley seems to be getting results without looking overly special in defence, and they were lucky to come out of Nottingham with a draw.

What's happening up in Billingham Les/Mick? Is the ice sorted now? Would be interested to know how you rate Sheffield too, especially as the Bobmers threw away the two-nil lead against them.

Blackburn now need to win all of their remaining games (or at least get a draw in each) to have any chance in making the play-offs, seing as they've lost four or so already to the 'lower' teams.

Anyway, let the discussion begin... see thee later!
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be fooled Luke - the Warriors are a classy offensive side that infuriates everyone by rarely attacking. Their biggest weakness is that they concede too many powerplay goals, as programme boy said to you.

As I'm sure Mick and Les will vouch, the trips to Whitley are always good. Tbh it's the only rink I've ever felt like the home fans are hostile and unwelcoming of visitors, but granted I've never been to Streatham. It's freezing cold - I caught Whitley flu up there - but the home fans invite singing from anyone else. The other big problem is that they don't get the jokes. Wait, that's not right, they don't even realise something is a joke when you sing it.
luke
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pucky wrote:
Well the Lions got their season back on track with a 7-1 win over Manchester ENL Phoenix. A 5-0 second period was enough to secure the points...

Best move of the game? James Rogerson putting the puck past Mark Law with what, I am told, was a fantastic screamer of a shot!

Roll on Billingham next weekend!

Meanwhile Blackburn also seem to have started to play with a 4-1 defeat of defending champs Newcastle - although from what I understand the ENL Vipers were missing their Elite players, so that may have had something to do with the scoreline.

That was, without a doubt, the best goal I've ever seen. Shaping up to clear it around his own boards from the slot, Rogerson winds up, and unleashes a screamer of a shot straight into his own net- giving the goalie no chance.

Was a decent game in the second period after the opening session which really was bad. Getting the U18's players back certainly helped, as showed by Laco scoring two in five minutes. Thought Griff did well too, not a lot to do but kept his concentration.

Looking forward to seeing Les & the gang next week!
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wrote:
Pucky wrote:
Well the Lions got their season back on track with a 7-1 win over Manchester ENL Phoenix. A 5-0 second period was enough to secure the points...

Best move of the game? James Rogerson putting the puck past Mark Law with what, I am told, was a fantastic screamer of a shot!

Roll on Billingham next weekend!

Meanwhile Blackburn also seem to have started to play with a 4-1 defeat of defending champs Newcastle - although from what I understand the ENL Vipers were missing their Elite players, so that may have had something to do with the scoreline.

That was, without a doubt, the best goal I've ever seen. Shaping up to clear it around his own boards from the slot, Rogerson winds up, and unleashes a screamer of a shot straight into his own net- giving the goalie no chance.

Was a decent game in the second period after the opening session which really was bad. Getting the U18's players back certainly helped, as showed by Laco scoring two in five minutes. Thought Griff did well too, not a lot to do but kept his concentration.

Looking forward to seeing Les & the gang next week!

Les & the Gang sounds like a disco tribute band Razz

Griff saved 29 of 30, and now is third in the league on save percentage with 92.78%. Richie Lawson is just ahead of him and Dominic Corry of Bradford, from just two games, is in first with 93%. Griff is second on GAA, with a miserly 1.94, behind Stephen Hoult of Whitley (1.85) and just ahead of Lawson (2.00).

Also from the stats I notice that the Bomb Squad have two "game sheet in error" entries, combining for 148 PIM, some of which apparently went to clipboard-wielding coach Terry Ward and his son, who I heard were both ejected from a game.

Griff played out of his skin up in Whitley and was solid against Manchester, but he wasn't really tested that strongly.

This Sunday, I'd like to think Luke, Pucky and I, along with a couple of others, were responsible at least in a small part for getting Mark Law pulled from the game. The own goal was unfortunate for him but he was visibly distracted by us, and of course the sieve made a welcome return.

Luke - Robert Lachowicz will always get the mainstream attention because he has dressed for the Panthers, and I am a huge fan - for a long time last season he was our joint top scorer, then Jack Prince went on a tear. While Prince's place on our roster has been taken by Ashley Calvert, another great kid but not quite the finished article, in both of my Lions-involved seasons the other third of our second line, a real sleeper prospect, as it were, has caught my eye, Sam Bullas. One of the reasons Lacho has so many points over the past couple of seasons is the way Bullas draws men in and finds Lacho with a great pass. Couple that with Tom Norton and Joe Graham on the blueline, who both have great shots on them.

By my count that's five current juniors in the lineup at every opportunity, and on an average game there are only four players who did not play junior hockey in Nottingham. Aside from Griff, we have three inline hockey players who are recent converts to the ice, and who didn't play junior ice hockey anywhere. It's amazing what happens when you give junior development a try Wink .
luke
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Lions grabbed another two points with the win over the Bombers last Sunday, and are officially the best team in Nottinghamshire in terms of good old fashioned win percentage. The next couple of weeks will really show up which teams are in the running for the title with some top of the table clashes... It's gonna be an interesting month
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do you want to tell them who is now a manager of the Lions, or shall I do the honours?
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok then, I'll do it ...
luke
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I'll do it... ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls (althoguh I've heard the latter are advised to stay away from him, the Nottingham Lions are proud (?) to announce that joning their list of managers is... (drumroll...)
quoththeraven
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was uncalled for.

But yeah I was asked to be a manager, and from what I've worked out so far I'm the youngest in the league.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: