Detroit - the new Man Utd??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Detroit - the new Man Utd?? Reply with quote

Just watching the Detroit v Dallas - Game 1, at the Joe on NASN. Listened to it on NHL Radio early hours - thats night shifts for you!

Anyway, is it me or are the Wings becoming the new Man Utd? In the lead up to their first goal, Dallas were called offside on their previous powerplay - when it clearly wasn't; the Wings were gifted a 5-on-3 Powerplay, when only one Team was penalised for handbags - should've been both players or nothing; then the Lino allowed the Wings player to take the face off with his stick clearly in the air, which lead to the goal - not allowed in the basic rules of the game!

I'm not a Wings or Stars fan, but lets be honest, they don't need any help!!

The comparison - well, its like the 90 minute penalty's at Old Trafford, or the goals scored by the visiting team which are frequently disallowed for no reason..... Laughing
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares crosby hossa and geno will wipe the floor with them in Final!

GO PENS GO!
Marvyn
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is the Spurs of the NHL then Daz?
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be the Avs Bill....... content to win 1 Cup every 10 seasons!! Laughing

Thats very philosophical thinking of the concept Mr Long! Twisted Evil
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be the Avs Bill....... content to win 1 Cup every 10 seasons!! Laughing

Thats very philosophical thinking of the concept Mr Long! Twisted Evil
schlong
Squad Member

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they did rock it last night too!

think it will be pens redwings final and will be run and gun stuff!
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH YES THE WINGS RULE, CALLED FROM THER START!!!

Mr Long you are going to be poorer.......very soon.

Philly are going to batter you!!

As for goals at Man utd, I didn't think that spurs goals had crossed the line, the keeper kept it out, good call ref!!

(Just plant the seed and watch it grow)

If we are comparing football teams to the NHL, has everyone got Arsenal and montreal together? Bolton and Philly? New York Rangers and Newcastle? Barcelona and Pittsburg? Liverpool and ducks?
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would explain why I support Reading & Nashville!
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, bit of light-hearted banter for a change!

Like the idea of Montreal / Arsenal..... yeah that works, mainly on the fact that Millwall don't play in the Premiership! Laughing
warren
All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...now I need Nashville to drop to the AHL too. Bugger.
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlucky mate. One of the guys at work is a Fulham fan (Bruins/Kings??), and I was really looking forward to seeing him crying tomorrow morning.

Anyone who watched the Man U game got a clear insight of what I'm saying though....... hmmmmm...... Mr Bennett! Twisted Evil
Don C
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fulham and the Bruins - where on earth are you coming from on that one !!!!!!!!!!!

Na, you`re forgetting Tradition. Believe it or not it does still count for something in the NHL and Boston is an original six team. Boston Garden - the original one, was the noisiest most frenetic crowd in the league - ask Robin Bartel, certainly no Craven Cottage !!

Boston is also on the resurgent phase of the "success cycle" - a phenomenon associated with North american pro sports, hockey in particular, which is guaranteed to sustain parity. Next year Boston will go further than Round One in post-season. If I had to choose a soccer team i`d be tempted to say Liverpool or Everton - deffo not Fulham !!!

And..... Montreal with Arsenal !!! Well, apart from red uniforms and a dull urban surround to their arenas, i can see one area of commonality - neither of the two teams speak much English.....
Not much synergy with the emblems either - one has a cannon whilst the Habs have a sideways toilet seat as a crest !!!

Uncle Don
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you misunderstood a bit there UC.

The link between Arsenal and Montreal is simple..... most fans of their respective sports hate them!!

Fulham are the oldest Pro Club in London, have been Managed in the past by greats such as Bobby Robson, and list the likes of Haynes, Cohen, Mullery, Marsh, Clarke, Moore, and Best as previous players. Recent times have not been great, but they have great plans for the future, including the addition of 4000 seats at the Cottage - their home since 1896, as it is important to the Club to keep its roots, and not run off to build a modern Stadium elsewhere. Now thats Tradition!

I took Boston as my "outsider" for the Cup this year, but a Liverpool or Everton....... hmmmm, don't think so!
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz wrote:
Think you misunderstood a bit there UC.

The link between Arsenal and Montreal is simple..... most fans of their respective sports hate them!!

Fulham are the oldest Pro Club in London, have been Managed in the past by greats such as Bobby Robson, and list the likes of Haynes, Cohen, Mullery, Marsh, Clarke, Moore, and Best as previous players. Recent times have not been great, but they have great plans for the future, including the addition of 4000 seats at the Cottage - their home since 1896, as it is important to the Club to keep its roots, and not run off to build a modern Stadium elsewhere. Now thats Tradition!

I took Boston as my "outsider" for the Cup this year, but a Liverpool or Everton....... hmmmm, don't think so!

Fulham - mostly because they couldn't find a suitable site or the 80m it now costs to build a half decent stadium.......tradition sounds better for the Press though.

If you take the last 15 Years, Boston are more like Newcastle I reckon....great tradition, great fans, great possibility, nothing much to speak of in the trophy cabinet......and quite a lot of peoples '2nd team'.

Toronto are the Man U, they attract newbies based purely on history and financial clout. Remember. Man U have only been successful since 1991, when I was a kid, they were massive under achievers (which with a Dad who is a Man City fan, was a constant source of delight).

Red Wings - Not sure, they're more the Arsenal for me. Lots of non-english speakers, can't begudge the way they play at times, its simple, well coached and very effective and they will choke against the Pens, oh yes. Laughing
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see you're keeping in the spirit of things! Laughing Yeah, I can see Newcastle.... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: