Stanley Cup Final
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MG Hockey
All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Stanley Cup Final Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit or Dallas

Pittsburgh went through last night after beating Philadelphia Flyers 6-0 (4-1 in the series)

Detroit are 3-2 up in the series with tonights game at Dallas.
Fans Pool 2015/16 NOW OPEN
Do you know what you are talking about!!
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 best teams in it for sure. hopefully a great final!
MG Hockey
All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit beat Dallas 4-1 (4-2 in series)

The Stanley Cup Final

Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red wings
Fans Pool 2015/16 NOW OPEN
Do you know what you are talking about!!
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wings all the way, I call 4 - 2 to the wings
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call it the other way, 4-2 to the Pens. I think the combination of Crosby, Malkin, Hossa with Staal behind them and Fleury on form will be too much for the Wings.
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch, 4 -0 to the Wings in game one. Should have been 5 but for a dis-allowed (perfectly good) goal in the 1st period.
The pens were totally out played imo and only Fleury kept the score so respectable. Crosby hardly featured and the turn overs to the wings in between the blue lines was chronic - it was like watching England trying to play the 'long ball' game - awful.
Here's to game two.
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, be fair, that was as good a game as the Red Wings can play. They were pretty much perfect all over the Ice. Pens were poor, all 4 goals came from individual mistakes, they were poorer in their own zone than at any time I've seen them this Year and the Wings closed their Offence down superbly.

All you can say for the series and as a Pens fan, is that Detroit can't play any better than that and the Pens will watch those tapes and play a lot different in game 2 thats for sure.

And to disagree slightly, I thought Fleury was average, there is no way on gods green earth, a skater should be able to go the long way round the back of the net for a wraparound, quicker than you can take 1 stride across an empty crease to get a skate up against the post.

But the Wings were impressive, they collapse to the net in their own zone then breakout of the empty ice between them and the points so godamn quickly when they get a turnover and ALWAYS get a shot away on the rush. Good Hockey, wrong result Laughing Laughing Very Happy
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying Fleury was a god, just that the score could have been way higher but for some good saves. I don't think him falling over on his [censored] when he ran out as the first Pens player onto the ice can have helped at all! Embarassed
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 2 - finished Wings 3, Pens 0. The Pens just can't buy a goal..... start well, then go to s**t as the game goes on. Malkin has been shockingly poor (has he got Jagr's Playoff Syndrome!!), and Crosby's too busy carrying the forecheck instead of using his skills.

Think it may be a little different in Pittsburgh.
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmm, don't know what bothers me most.....Pens losing or how smug Rats will be if this carries on Laughing Laughing

Thought Game 2 was worse tbh, Detroit are very good at what they do, they are definitely committing a lot of penaltys that they know damn well, will not get called in the play offs, but would get called all day long in the regular season, but hey, win by whatever means, this is the final. They are killing the Pens speed but still managing to play their own fast break out game just how they please.

Hopefully home Ice will tighten game 3 up a bit, but its hard to see Pittsburgh winning 4 of the next 5 now.
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO ON THE WINGS!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
chester
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 3 - Wings 2, Pens 3. Close run thing and the third marker had a lot to do with Osgood's backside. Will Malkin get some energy back during the 2 day lay up? Will Fleury regain his form from the play-offs? Will Malone come good? Will the Pens get more then the 5 shots on goal they got in the 3rd period? Who knows. Looking forward to game 4.
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay go Pens!!! Was close! Part of Pittsburghs improvement was due, no doubt, to Coach Theriens vehement complaining about Detroits holding/clutching tactics in the neutral zone, they were all called early on.

Yeah, good call on Malone, was just wondering that last night, one of the real heroes getting them this far, but seems to be making every wrong decision on the puck!

Felt a bit for Gill, the big dummy Laughing , he has clearly been told to keep Holdtsrom out of the blue paint, so he did!! First one was a x check, 2nd one...not so sure and big H should have also sat for unsportsmanlike for collapsing like a dying swan, but that PP got Detroit back in the game.
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, role on game 4...

Its kinda worrying how a Team can dominate periods of a game, dig deep to get 3 goals, then the Wings throw 2 pucks at the net and they go in!

This thing about defensive Hockey and not being able to clear the front of net was about as sensible as our Fighting Penalty. Bettman - you're fired!!

Don't worry about Rats being Smug Scott, ignore him like we do! If Hamilton goes 100 points clear, he'll pick him to win the Championship! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Twisted Evil
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now son, just cause your prediction got blown away, you should remember I had the wings at the start of the season
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: