Notingham Lions vs Sheffield ENL Scimitars, 05/10/08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Notingham Lions vs Sheffield ENL Scimitars, 05/10/08 Reply with quote

I went to see Nottingham Lions vs Sheffield ENL Scimitars on Sunday. The Lions lost 4-1 in Sheffield in the opening game of the season and were looking for revenge.

They'll have to look a lot harder than they did on Sunday as they lost by the same margin. The Lions have a new coach this year and are using new tactics. Some of this involves diagonal passing out of defence, which Sheffield cottoned onto within the first few minutes and after that the Lions didn't really look like scoring. With the diagonal passes being easily intercepted, it all looked horribly familiar ...

Sheff's passing and finishing were better on the whole.

Sheff have much the same team as the one that played the Mos at the end of last season. Thirteen of the 22 listed in the programme were on last year's roster. I've no idea how many of them played as there were no team announcements and I didn't count!

The Lions were without the three youngsters who also play for the Panthers (Lachowicz, Bullas, Norton), but they have some good new facecages coming through (Josh Ward and Shamari Campbell, for example).

Nottingham are third (behind Billingham and Whitley) and Sheff are fourth.

One of the linesmen was Ross Hiscock, who used to officiate regularly at the Ice Bowl a few seasons ago. He's at Warwick Uni, I believe. He did the Lions' game at Blackburn a couple of weeks ago, too.

I enjoyed it but it wasn't as good a game as I'd hoped for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Hockey Central All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: