This Sunday 14 December - Mustangs vs Lee Valley Lions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim
Squad Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: This Sunday 14 December - Mustangs vs Lee Valley Lions Reply with quote

The Mustangs face off at 17:15 at the Ice Bowl on Sunday in a double-pointer against Lee Valley Lions. Lions have beaten both Solent Devils and Vectis Tigers in the past 6 weeks so it looks like being another close game!!

With the Dynamos away at Oxford, a good home crowd would be fantastic.
JamieTheo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck today guys!
rats
All Star

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a great deal to say about tonights game, a 4 - 2 loss. We didn't play as well as we can.

Got to say though that the reffing was terrible, both linos couldnt skate and as a result couldnt keep up with the play and the ref was calling things against both teams that were unbelievable!!
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Valley are a fast, skillful, and good skating Team. But I think it was more a case of the Mustangs lost it, rather than Lee Valley won it. Too many simple mistakes at critical times. I keep hearing "mutterings" about development and the youngsters not getting enough ice in these games, but on this performance I could see why - the kids never got going.

On the Official front, is it me, or is it getting worse each season? The Ref was more content about hearing his own voice, and as said previously - the 2 lino's couldn't keep up with the play! At both the Mustangs and Mos games this season I've seen tripping called as hooking, hooking as tripping, hooking as interference, elbows as boarding or charging, etc, etc..... That kinda tells me that they don't see the infraction, but make a call based on what happens afterwards, ie the player falling over. Not good enough. If they had expenses covered and purely did it for the love, then I think people would back off a bit, but these people charge a lot of money for their services - and its not good enough! Consistency is the key.
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree on that Daz. Thats the first home game where the young forward line got equal shifts (remember that our D are mostly U19 anyway!). As the League can't be won now, icing the younger players is more important than the results.

But honestly yesterday, I can't see how anyone could say that the result was affected by the way the youngsters played. I thought the key seniors were way below par. Of the experienced players, only Matt D had a good game. Everyone else was way below their best. Passes to nowhere, worse still head down passes into vulnerable areas giving LV turn over after turn over, that wasn't the youngsters!!

Another game with some selfish pointless penalties. The ref called way too much, but jeez, we didn't learn did we!! It was obvious what he was gonna call and we kept doing the same thing over and over.
MikeT
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who was the ref then? On THF someone from LVL said it was Decaux, but I asked Tina and she had put Hewitt on the gamesheet.

I'm not sure that it is impossible to win the league now: Mustangs could get a potential max 52 points, Chelmo 63, IoW 52, S&G 49, Swindon 49.
It's still mathematically possible, I think.

It was a poor performance last night, but as Scott says it is about junior development not winning the league (although that would be nice).
Clarky
Old Timer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only half saw what happened at the far end of the rink involving matt drake and a lvl player that seemed out cold on the ice Question
was it a case of a hit that went wrong ...
Daz
All Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the guy tried to bump Rocky, and came off much worse. Hope he's ok, no-one likes to see players stretchered off, well apart from Hammill.
Clarky
Old Timer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sum1 said they think he popped his knee out ..ouch.. if that is the case he be lot more careful in the future,
Pam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ref was Will Hewitt. As for the LVL player, he wasnt out cold, but had popped his knee out
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a serious point, no disrespect to anyone who tried to help last night (the injured player), but that was a shambles and is not good enough at a Senior game. Someone is gonna need immediate medical help at some point and there was nothing in place.

I'm not sure exactly what the arrangement is with St Johns, but I think a contribution is all thats required to get them to attend a game.
Clarky
Old Timer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a doctor/nurse that attends the dynamos games usually found by the away penalty box maybe worth asking him wat the arrangements are or jackie even..
Pam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He attends the games when he is not working. The Mustangs have a first aider, the issue last night was trying to move him without causing more damage.
swarb93
Squad Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustangs have more than 1 first aider in their ranks, I'm well aware of that. Thats ok for Junior games......just, but for Senior Hockey a paramedic/doctor should really be in attendance.

God forbid they're ever needed, but there are severe limitations to what a willing first aider can deal with.
snapshot23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys just thought i'd sign up to update you guys on the injured players situation.
It was confirmed that Luke has torn ligaments in his left knee.
Its a reoccurence of an injury that kept him out for the last year and a half.
I'd just like to thank the Invicta players and staff who helped get Luke onto the stretcher and off the ice.

I wouldn't be to critical on the help given Swarb, while not ideal, im pretty sure that most ENL teams wouldn't have been able to match the help given. It was great to see some of the more senior Invicta guys helping out, sets a great example to the younger guys.

My one problem however in dealing with the situation was not with the club, but the officials. From the second of the incident, the linos moved away, and the ref took way too long to acknowledge the injury, and even longer to allow our first-aider onto the ice. After which they did not get involved in helping the player, and took me to ask for a stretcher, and then for them to call an ambulance.

Since they are payed to be in control of all the dealings on the ice, the fact that they were very quick to call some very nominal calls on both sides, killing the momentum of the game, the minute there was a very serious injury, they almost didnt want to know, and moved away like they wanted the game over and done with, when at that point the players safety is much more important.

Again, thanks to the Guys for their help, and for what was a very good competetive game!

See you Jan 17th!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Invicta Dynamos Forum Forum Index -> Invicta Mustangs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: